Mileage Reporting 22nd Week of 2013

Needed to rest yesterday from much exertion, so I did, except for cleaning the gutters in the pouring rain. I hate ladders. First time I've had to do this particular chore.:eek:
Today, I got on the spinning bike pretty early for 30 minutes, the got right out to run 6.4 barefoot miles with a fair amount of rough pavement and a few steep hills. It was a good run. Noticed a couple of cars at a 4-way stop I was approaching taking a long time to turn, then some rubber necking of the passengers. Could just imagine them saying, "is that lady running with bare feet!?"

Did you cover one of your hands and asked them how many fingers were you holding up?

Ya Dama, had I been barefoot because it was metal, I may have reacted a little faster but I would have had zero chance to lift the foot before it would have cut through the skin. It looked like some sort of clip that you would use to attach something to wood.

Couldn't resist a run today because I am feeling so much better with my leg so I ran 2.5 miles at avg 10:57 pace in my pacers. Pretty warm (yes to me it's pretty warm and I know to you normal folks 62 degF is not warm) so I really sweat a lot today. Overall I felt freaking great and my legs are feeling so much looser now. So glad I figured out this muscle thing.

Feeling good feels great, doesn't it? It's amazing how happy one can be when in no pain. Right?
Now, dont you go and over due it.

Yesterday late afternoon meet up with my friend Gerry from the Georgia Barefooot chapter at Suwannee Creek park...got there early so ran 3 miles... half trail before starting off with Gerry on the Suwannee Greenway paved trail. Good run sorta hot mid 80's, pavement was good but the heat and the one long hill made it a bit more effort than my usually easy pace. Gerry runs a bit faster than my normal speed so the 4 miles was at about 7:45 - 8:30 pace. Saw a 6 foot black snake crossing the trail...pretty cool.

Today went to Harbins park, started off with 5.5 miles on the hiking trail, very humid partly cloudy sprinkled a bit at the beginning. The trail was dried out and the gravel parts were a good test and average pace was about 11:30 m/m. Finished up with 3.5 miles on the park pavement which was getting hot by then and my Garmin battery ran out so just estimated the distance....9 miles total.

Compared to the rest of you, my report is rather lame. I ran a whopping 1 mile barefoot so far this week. The pavement around here is so rough (at least to me) that my foot tenderness is about to derail this whole thing for me. I got a pair of VFFs Monday and ran a slow .7 mile with them. I can already tell that barefoot is superior to the VFFs. I plan on mixing barefoot and VFF running until I can get my feet toughened up.

morning: 8 mi bike ride, birds singing, roosters making that rooster noise, sheep, cows lounging, nice
a few sit ups before leaving for school

midday: swim lesson. laid back, went over some fine points and a few rough edges. Stayed to do a few kick laps then i realized i was swimming again tonight.

now: getting ready to double dip. family swim after last lesson of this semester for kids. will do a few laps after that.

Compared to the rest of you, my report is rather lame. I ran a whopping 1 mile barefoot so far this week. The pavement around here is so rough (at least to me) that my foot tenderness is about to derail this whole thing for me. I got a pair of VFFs Monday and ran a slow .7 mile with them. I can already tell that barefoot is superior to the VFFs. I plan on mixing barefoot and VFF running until I can get my feet toughened up.
In the last 3 years of this barefoot history of mine, I have cycled as to how much roughness I can handle on my runs. For a while, I took a break from too much rough, now I'm back to adding it more and it is easier than it has been before. Don't compare your distances to people who have more experience! Enjoy what you can and don't hurt yourself because of unreasonable goals. :)

In the last 3 years of this barefoot history of mine, I have cycled as to how much roughness I can handle on my runs. For a while, I took a break from too much rough, now I'm back to adding it more and it is easier than it has been before. Don't compare your distances to people who have more experience! Enjoy what you can and don't hurt yourself because of unreasonable goals.

Thanks for the advice. That's why I joined this forum. The last thing I want to do is to get injured.

I've been on tall ladders and in deep holes. I would rather be on a ladder any day. Now being on a ladder in the rain is a different story.

12.2km (7.6mi) interval training today, 10' on/3' off. Beat my 10km PR with 49'40". I now have 800km (500mi) for the year, and 200km (124mi) for the month. All barefoot, no injuries so far (touch wood !!).

Next week I start my half marathon training (race is in September) with the goal to do it in 1h50' (my PR is 1h47' but that was almost 20yrs ago !)

Carrying on with running everyday, sitting at 25 miles so far this week, 209 miles for the month of May, and 988 miles for the year.
Just keep on Rollin', Rollin' Rollin', keep those feet a going...............

Unscheduled 1 mile run with one of my daughters. We had attended my other daughters convocation at her university. As we were leaving there was a down pour. Since I was barefoot already but in dressy casual I mentioned to my daughter that we should run to the truck so we do not get soaked to the bone, she said let's do it. So off go her shoes and away we went, her in a semi formal dress, me in dress slacks which I had to roll up. It was funny to see the looks on people's faces as 2 barefooted people ran by them, splashing through puddles on the way to the parking lot. This was my daughter's first foray in barefoot running, That makes 2 of my 3 daughters that have tried barefoot running. I must be on a bit of a roll as 2 of my co-workers are running in min shoes now and are both mixing in some barefoot runs. If this keeps up then Bob and I will not be the only ones in town to show up for races missing shoes. :D

Unscheduled 1 mile run with one of my daughters. We had attended my other daughters convocation at her university. As we were leaving there was a down pour. Since I was barefoot already but in dressy casual I mentioned to my daughter that we should run to the truck so we do not get soaked to the bone, she said let's do it. So off go her shoes and away we went, her in a semi formal dress, me in dress slacks which I had to roll up. It was funny to see the looks on people's faces as 2 barefooted people ran by them, splashing through puddles on the way to the parking lot. This was my daughter's first foray in barefoot running, That makes 2 of my 3 daughters that have tried barefoot running. I must be on a bit of a roll as 2 of my co-workers are running in min shoes now and are both mixing in some barefoot runs. If this keeps up then Bob and I will not be the only ones in town to show up for races missing shoes. :D

What a sight, wished I were there to witness the weird people of Canada:p
I does sound like a lot of fun:barefoot: you must be such an inspiration to your co-workers. Nice!
Are you still on track for the half this coming August?

Already booked my hotel for August and already registered for the 1/2. Might not be able to run a competitive 1/2, but will finish it. You still going?

Not sure at the moment, I had a set back recently and I am just started to slowly adding up mileage but if when the time comes and the mileage is up to par I might do it but like you it won't be competitive. So we'll see.

Don't worry, you don't want to rush it. I spent about half a year when I started bfr to get up to a 5k. And I really struggled with my rough roads and still do. I just avoided being on the mileage reporting forum that first year. ;-)

Even after I've made huge strides and run much further than I ever have, there are still lots of folks here that blow me away!

For my own report, yesterday was actually my birthday, and with my family not home I spent it doing a couple of my favorite things solo. Got 8.5 miles in at the park, kind of fartlek style I guess. No specific goals just ran whatever I felt like once I got warmed up. Pace was low 7's for the flats, 6's downhill, 8-9 uphill or for rest periods. It was also my first hot run of the year, was 90f. I did that after watching a movie too... Saw the new Star Trek on IMax. ST was my favorite show when I was a kid, and it was nice timing getting to see the new one on my birthday. All that was after work too, it was a long day!

yesterday, Thursday, i went on a nice trail run with Vanessa Runs. 13.2 for me. for her it was just a small part of her goal of 31 hours of running. one hour for each year alive. Shacky her BF wanted to talk her out of it since the trail was muddy and he didn't want her falling in the night. she switched to a "trail" that was old road to be safer. poor girl. probably half way through that run it poured down on her. that was the last bit of rain and she should be finished about 4:00pm today. i plan on bringing them some famous Voodoo donuts since they couldn't find parking.

*warning* don't read the rest of this if you're squeamish and sensitive! it's a little graphic.

Ok. you've been warned. i don't know how the hell that girl continued running. 3.5 hours for me to finish that run. we ran at her ultra pace which was slower than my maf pace! i chafed quite a bit where the sun don't shine. the jewels were ok, only some irritation. i lubed those up with some coconut oil so they were ok. the cornhole though, ouch. not rubbed raw but getting close. Shacky told me he was chafing a bit too. that was enough of a run for me due to the chafing. showered when i got home and used my devils hand to apply some more coconut oil to the areas. instant relief. put some cornstarch on after since that's good for rashes. i feel great today and only have a problem in my left heel. i got a cut there, or something imbedded in my foot on mondays run. i love the long run! just have to prepare better for the chafing next time.

ok. i know you squeamish ones read this because like a car accident you HAVE to look. your own damn fault.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts