Mileage Reporting 19th Week of 2013

Ran 2.75 miles slow and barefooted today in the park. Struggled with the heat and could not keep my heart rate down because of it. Also my calves hurt a little today while trying to maintain such a super slow pace. Avg'd a 13:50/mile pace, but that was after I had given up on Maf's heart rate numbers. I would have had to walk to get down that low today, but walking my heart rate goes too low. I think a lot of it has to do with the heat as we are in the middle of a heat wave which is making me swell up terribly bad and making me not sleep well at all. Our condo doesn't seem to cool down and never seems to reach the temp outside. Last night I damn near took my tent outside to sleep because it was a good 15 degrees cooler outside.

Another great 3 mile run in the neighborhood at 4:30. (no toe stubb’n) Saw rabbits, heard the owls singing me the run song and the moon was exceptionally cool. Sometimes I think the moon and the trees are pulling me along!
week 3 of training.

Did 2.10 mi trail run with some folks yesterday from the SF Chapter for IBRD. Had to switch to my InvisibleXero's after about 1/3 mi because the trail was more than what I could/was willing to handle - the others hung tough, though, so I'll give them credit.

Only ran 1/2 mile with our IBRD group because so many of them were new to total barefoot or were injured and I ran 15 miles the day before. But we had a fun hour talking and sharing backgrounds.
Today I rode 75 minutes on the spinning bike and did some gardening and bread kneading.

Monday afternoon
"Bottom" ST

I probably overdid it a bit last week with a tempo run, hills run, and long run. Monday I woke up pretty stiff, with tingly soles too. So I did a lite version of my Bottom ST workout, to give my legs a bit of a break. Most everything was done sub-max, and a lot of stuff was skipped altogether. The only exercise I pushed a bit were the power cleans, which went very well. I love the explosiveness of that exercise.
I also did a boatload of incline twisting sit-ups at the end, hoping that would tire me out sufficiently for a good night's sleep. Fail; I'm up four hours after going to sleep.

Nick, MRI report?

Nick, MRI report?
Still waiting to hear back. Hopefully will be in the next day or two. Knowing my luck the doc will call while I'm in the dentists chair today and can't answer the phone. Hope they can fix this crown today, tired of chewing on one side of my mouth. Can't believe a piece of gum yanked it out in the first place.

Reactions: Bare Lee
2x30 minute bike (brisk commute) with an after-work 1-hr run, probably about 6-7k.

Reflected on how badly i am breaking the 10% rule at the moment. Conclusion: badly. Feel fine though on the whole. Sum of the parts (sic) are a bit surprised, but I make a few cooing noises and they settle down...

Saw the aftermath of a very bad cycle accident at checkpoint Charlie. Loads of streets blocked while police did their work. There but for the luck o' the Irish go I...

(not S2G today, wasn't as fun and was much more tempted to go faster than I wanted, which I felt in my bones toward the end. Bare really is best for me at the moment.)

3.5 miles today...:happy:
It's funny how some people feel threaten-sp? by a bf runner. On my run I passed this girl and quickly she picked up the pace, I continued with my relaxing run and sure enough in about a quater of a mile she ran out of gas and started to walk then she turned around and saw me a few steps right behind her and she proceeded to run again, she kept looking back to see if I had picked the pace also which I didn't...it gave me a chuckle:hilarious:

6 miles S2G that felt very nice, except that I think I'm still a little tired from Saturday's 15, so couldn't maintain but an average 8:45 mm pace. My husband had told me to try for 8:30. I guess he has a high opinion of my potential...:rolleyes:

3.5 miles today...:happy:
It's funny how some people feel threaten-sp? by a bf runner. On my run I passed this girl and quickly she picked up the pace, I continued with my relaxing run and sure enough in about a quater of a mile she ran out of gas and started to walk then she turned around and saw me a few steps right behind her and she proceeded to run again, she kept looking back to see if I had picked the pace also which I didn't...it gave me a chuckle:hilarious:
how old was this poor girl who was being run down by you?

Reactions: Bare Lee
6 miles S2G that felt very nice, except that I think I'm still a little tired from Saturday's 15, so couldn't maintain but an average 8:45 mm pace. My husband had told me to try for 8:30. I guess he has a high opinion of my potential...:rolleyes:

Is your husband faster than you? the reason I am asking is because my SO runs slower than me and he thinks along the lines about my running as your husband does.

How did you injure your rib? I've heard that broken ribs can be very painful.

I had a prolonged cough where I was coughing throughout the night and day for a few weeks and pulled something. I got an Xray I was in so much pain and had to be on Vicodin and an inhaler for a week but there wasn't anything my doc could do about it. It's been 6 weeks since it happened and it still hurts when I lay on my back on harder surfaces and if I put pressure on it. I feel a lump there but my doctor and husband think I'm insane. I definitely tore or severely strained something.

Reactions: Go Barefoot
3 miles yesterday. Second run (first was Saturday) after being off for a month because of a rib injury and then doing fundraising for my daughter's school.

Ouch. Tell me more. Glad that you're back at it:)

Is your husband faster than you? the reason I am asking is because my SO runs slower than me and he thinks along the lines about my running as your husband does.
My husband is much faster than I am. He challenges the young guys when he enters races. But right now, he is just 2 weeks post surgery. I know he is just trying to encourage me. (pretty sure he is not trying to "live" through my running while he is so limited...) When I "reported" in an email, he wrote back and told me I did a good job. Yeah, I'm a people pleaser, but he doesn't take advantage of that. If it hadn't been for his gentle encouragement, I probably wouldn't have thought I could ever run a half!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test