Mileage reporting 18th week?

Discussion in 'Mileage Reporting' started by happysongbird, Apr 28, 2014.

1. scedastic Barefooters

Message Count:
    sunday: 5 mile run, a few stops to look around, take pics, talk to the kids, who were biking while I ran. felt good.
    afternoon: 4-5 mile leisurely hike at the local nature center. beautiful.

monday: lunch swim, evening weights

tuesday: 2.5 mi am, lunch swim, 1 mi bf on grass, then some intervals goofing off with my son while waiting for my daughter to get out of swim practice. squats, but not 300 of them. more like, 70 or so, while waiting for my girl.

wednesday: 2.5 mi am, beautiful dawn, lunch weights, evening swim
    Runlite01, Bare Lee, mokaman and 6 others like this.
  2. Runlite01 Barefooters
    1. Texas - Dallas

Message Count:
    8 mile run at 5:00 am. 46 deg. f.
    Very nice heard rooster crow saw some rabbits.
    Nice weather!
    scedastic, Bare Lee, mokaman and 4 others like this.
  3. Spiderweb62 Barefooters
    1. Australia
    2. Deutschland-Ger...
    3. Française -...

Message Count:
    16km/10mi today, didn't have time for much running earlier in the week. I hope to get 20km this week-end, one week to the Botany Bay trail run (10km), and two weeks to the Sydney half marathon

4. Larry Barefooters
    1. Australia

Message Count:
    Another run over the headlands to Moonee Beach this morning. My original intention was to do about 8km, but I passed a guy going the other way just before the 4km mark and didn't want to look like I turned around to chase him as we were the only two on the beach. So, I ran an extra km, and then spotted a track leading into the dunes, so I decided to follow it out of curiosity. It ended up being a fun little bush track to a pretty spot where a bridge went across an inlet/creek, so I felt pretty happy with that decision. After that I turned around and headed for home - 12km all up. I felt the stirrings of my ITB issue at 5km, but I slowed down and tried Rick Whitelaw's (I think) tip of turning my foot out slightly, and it seemed to have the desired affect. All good by the end.

Tomorrow I'm heading up the other way, hoping to stretch out my last effort and run to Woolgoolga and back. I found out there is a strava segment on the beach half way there and my last effort put me in third by 4 seconds, so I'm going to be Captain Competitive for a change and see if I can knock off second place for a laugh. I don't usually bother with strava segments, but I figure it is fun to do them when I'm on holiday so that the locals can look at them and say "Who on Earth is this bloke?".
  5. Scratch Barefooters
    1. Pennsylvania

Message Count:
    Short and easy 2.25 miles this morning, just to keep the legs loose.

6. NickW Guest

45 minutes on treadmill barefooted and in monos. According to the treadmill only went 2.92 miles but gained 901 feet in elevation and burned 541 calories. Wow that was a hell of a workout. I am one sweaty beast now. :)
  7. happysongbird Chapter Presidents
    1. Idaho
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Wednesday - needed a rest from intense exercise, but spent 3 hours at moderate exertion doing yard work, with short lemonade breaks every hour or so.

Thursday - 8 mile easy run with the medical strapping tape over that one spot ... most of the time. Also, giving myself credit for upper body strength workout for carrying baskets of wet laundry out to be hung on the line, as well as lifting and carrying for other indoor and outdoor tasks.

mokaman, Spiderweb62, NickW and 4 others like this.
  8. Bare Lee Chapter Presidents
    1. Minnesota

Message Count:
    Just 12 miles on the week. I let the rainy week and cold temps keep me from anything more than one-mile run-commutes most days. I think I almost got frost nip one day. Crap, should've just put on my Sockwas. My pace is coming up a bit though, and I had an excellent week of ST. Weather is clearing, so I'll try to start off next week properly with a good run on IBRD, and then see if I can't get the running and st to balance out better the rest of the week.

mokaman, Spiderweb62, NickW and 3 others like this.
  9. Runlite01 Barefooters
    1. Texas - Dallas

Message Count:
    4 mile run at 5:00 am. 57 deg. f.
    Saw 1 duck and a few rabbits.
  10. Scratch Barefooters
    1. Pennsylvania

Message Count:
    5.2 miles this morning. Got interrupted early on by an unknown dog that seemed potentially aggressive. I wasn't willing to just run by him and possibly inciting his predator instinct for prey. I would stare him down and he would run off then hide behind a bush. But when I would try to turn and begin to go again, he'd come darting back out and I would once again have to stare him down. Finally, the owner began calling him and eventually he ran back to his house.

11. migangelo Barefooters
    1. Oregon
    2. California -...

Message Count:
    th-yoga
    f-good hike

sent back the garmin i got because my computer is too old to use the software to download my data. ordered a 610.

12. NickW Guest

3.67 miles on the road in my luna monos. Wow, that treadmill training has done me really really well. I averaged a 9:46 pace with my slowest mile at a 10 min even pace and my fastest at 9:33. Really really felt good out there. ;-)
    Scratch, WildPlace, Bare Lee and 4 others like this.
  13. happysongbird Chapter Presidents
    1. Idaho
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Friday - Great swim. Warm-up about 3 minutes. Straight 25 minutes without stopping. 5 minute "cool down." Followed up with about an hour of barefoot shoveling while keeping an eye on the rooster (getting compost from the chicken yard) and wheelbarrowing all-terrain vehicle style through the landscape. Pea gravel is much sharper when the weight of pushing a wheelbarrow is involved. Soles felt a little seared from the hot pavers on the garden paths, but no damage.

Saturday - A couple hours in my RunAMocs walking around the yard with a couple gallons of liquid on my back. Then, 4.1 miles running around Lake Lowell chasing my husband. Tried going barefoot, but it was so much sharp gravel and pokey sticks that I would have had to basically walk. I could feel it a lot through my Lunas, still, so it felt pretty much like running barefoot on asphalt feels to me. Here are some photos.

Lake Lowell greenery.jpg Lake Lowell gravel.jpg Lake Lowell pirate.jpg Lake Lowell fields.jpg

I will probably be on my feet the rest of the day with yard work and our daughter's 18th birthday dinner.

Scratch, Bare Lee, scedastic and 4 others like this.
  14. mokaman Chapter Presidents
    1. Georgia

Message Count:
    Thursday - Trail run with 21 year old son, local woods about 30 minutes. Saw 3 black snakes on the edges of the
    trail. One of the snakes was beat up and missing some skin...it got the bad end of some kind of struggle...we left
    it alone to fend for itself.

Friday - 1 hour pavement run, Tribble Mill park 2+ laps around the bigger lake...nice out warm and sunny. Passed a
    VFF runner a couple times...he gave me a thumbs up.

Today - Finished up the week with short 16 minute trail run with my son...1 lap around small lake at Tribble Mill
    park in the middle of doing errands.

Scratch, NickW, Bare Lee and 3 others like this.
  15. mokaman Chapter Presidents
    1. Georgia

Message Count:
    Its good to get what works right for you...thats not something you buy very often...let us know how the 610 works...i'll be looking for new one next year or so.

NickW and Bare Lee like this.
  16. mokaman Chapter Presidents
    1. Georgia

Message Count:
    That looks perfect for learning how to run on gravel trails...walk barefoot some and switch between shod/barefoot and go a bit further barefoot each time you go there...I wish i had a local gravel trail like that...mine are too easy or much harder not much in between.

Bare Lee and happysongbird like this.
  17. happysongbird Chapter Presidents
    1. Idaho
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    I would have done it more if it hadn't been a run with my husband. He would have been patient, but he wouldn't have had fun at that speed. :)

NickW, Bare Lee and mokaman like this.
  18. rickwhitelaw Barefooters
    1. Utah

Message Count:
    Finally broke down and embraced technology. I'm typing on a smart phone on the north rim of the grand canyon, parissawampitts point. Have the place to myself. Just me and the bugs. Today I got in about 12 miles of clearing trail with a string trimmer and chain saw. At this point, some of you must be wondering if I have a real job.

Abide, Scratch, NickW and 6 others like this.
  19. scedastic Barefooters

Message Count:
    thursday: 2.5 am run, lunch swim
    friday: 2.5 run, afternoon gym, weights
    saturday: no run. sad i slept through it. evening swim w kids. sunset stroll through our fav lakeshore tourist town. saw lots of barefoot girls walkign with their dates at the harbor.
    prom! who can walk with high heels? anyone, as long as you carry them in your hands.
    Scratch, mokaman, NickW and 5 others like this.
  20. scedastic Barefooters

Message Count:
    that happens a lot on the country roads where i run in the morning. no fun. i hate it when they are unneutured pit bulls and there is more than one and i'm waiting for some dude in a mobile home to put down his beer and call for the dogs.
    Scratch, mokaman, NickW and 3 others like this.