Mileage Reporting 15th Week of 2013

OK, so there's two Week 15 posts, but no Week 16, so I don't know wherethehell I'm supposed to post stuff, right now, so I'm a-gonna post here: Kayaked for an hour or so today (barefoot). Looking to get some running in tomorrow - weather's been positively killer in the Bay Area as of late (albeit a bit windy).

Zippo miles over the weekend somehow I managed to messed up my left hip big times while volleyball playing on Friday rotated wrong and bang! my hip stopped me ringht on my tracks the pain was so intense that I felt like passing out. Bummer:(. I might rest this entire week and go from there:inpain:

Zippo miles over the weekend somehow I managed to messed up my left hip big times while volleyball playing on Friday rotated wrong and bang! my hip stopped me ringht on my tracks the pain was so intense that I felt like passing out. Bummer:(. I might rest this entire week and go from there:inpain:
Bummer Dama! I hope you heal up quickly, I know you're in good hands (your own).

Reactions: Barefoot Dama
Thanks Lee, I know this shall pass but it better be sooner than later, I am going to be very good on listening to myself and not do anything stupid even if I feel like it.
I shouldn't be playing volleyball in the first place as per Dr orders because of my back/neck issues but do I listened? noooo, so that's what I get I supposed but I love volleyball sooo much but I think that has to stop for my own good.

So frustrating to just be going along having fun and something like this happens! Hope you are already seeing progress with healing. My hubby said something to the effect recently of "now your are ready for your race... if you don't hurt yourself." (but he's the one having surgery soon this time....) I almost did something the other day when out in the yard with kids and dog. Starting running with an (empty) wheelbarrow and felt the knee tweak. Scared me. That was a week ago, though, and it seems okay, even after the 15 mile desert thing. But I've been on my guard. I may be in good shape for my age, but its seems there is always the threat of something "snapping." :eek:

I know Laura, is so irritating but what are you gonna do right? it's life I am just so glad that my back issues have not stopped me from runnig and should consider myself lucky it could be worse.
My hip feels a little better provided I do do any sudden movements but my back right now feels like it's on fire but I'll be fine in a week or two-I really hope so.
Good job on the 15 mi run, it's funny that when training for a race any unknown tweak scares the living lights out of you doesn't it?
Your age? you're only 52 I am way ahead of you in the age deparment;)
You'll be fine when race time comes.

Reactions: NickW
You always have to be ahead, don't you?;):) but I'll just have to take your word for it, because you don't tell us...

Hahaha, yes I am very competitive like that on just about everything.:D
Ok,ok here it goes turned 58 on Feb 15, got married on my 30th Bday and celebrated our 28thwedding anniversary on Feb 16. Anything else?;)

Hahaha, yes I am very competitive like that on just about everything.:D
Ok,ok here it goes turned 58 on Feb 15, got married on my 30th Bday and celebrated our 28thwedding anniversary on Feb 16. Anything else?;)
I've been married longer than you! :p ha ha ha Okay, now I have to go get some things done.

I've been married longer than you! :p ha ha ha Okay, now I have to go get some things done.

I really don't know what happened cause when I was about 18 years old I swore that I will never, never would get married and I was doing really well until I met my husband, he's all to blame for that :).
But I have to say that marring my sweet heart was the best decision I made in my life:happy:

Reactions: happysongbird

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test