Bare Lee

Barefooters
Jul 25, 2011
Saint Paul
Sunday morning
6.47 mi / 10.4 km
34 F / 1 C
23 F / -5 C, windchill

Friday afternoon I couldn't get in my 'top' st workout because of post-fire business, then I lost yesterday's afternoon run due to the same. Shoulda run in the morning. So somewhat the wiser, I did run this morning, before Easter festivities had a chance to interfere with my fitness plans. Lost my second ST workout though.

It was a nice uneventful run, about 10 mm pace. I first ran up through the first-tier suburb that borders my neighborhood, past the experimental fields of the U of M, skirted my son's new day care, then came back home through the fairgrounds. A nice loop. My body felt a little heavy after two days of not working out one bit. I kinda had to force myself just to get out, as it doesn't take me long to lose my fitness mojo and become slothful. The wind was quite fierce at times, but towards the end of the run the sun's rising radiance had begun to counteract it. Then all of a sudden the wind picked up some more and we got a few flurries on my final stretch home.

This was the last run of the Winter Challenge, although it looks like we might have qualifying conditions for Tuesday's run too. It's been fun, but I'm ready for some spring temps and more hassle-free running. I don't like thinking about how many layers I need, or about bringing shoes along for back-up, or how much moisture to expect, which streets will be the driest, and all the rest. Can't wait for the day when I can just put on some shorts and head out . . . hopefully next weekend!

1.5 mi, barefoot, but was it running? sort of. so much debris and pebbles on the road that my raw sensitive feet hated it except in a few spots where the chip seal was a little smoother, had warmed from the sun, and wasn't littered with stones. A rambunctious snail could have easily passed me in several spots. However, got the first bf run(ish) out of the way for this spring.
2 mi in my sandals, waiting for my kids to get ready to go run. yeah, it takes them that long to put away almost nothing, and uh, 'get ready' to go, whatever that entails that takes so long.
1.5 mi again in huaraches, with the kids. no one complained. in fact they talked the whole way, so that said the pace must have been easy.
could feel the 9 mi from yesterday, but i wouldn't call it sore, just not fresh legs.

10 mi bikeride. first time getting the bike out since forever.

some weights and abs, between and among other less fun tasks.

temps today were in the low 50s, windy. springlike as it's going ot get, since the next few days will be back with highs in the low 30s. Blech.

Can't wait for the day when I can just put on some shorts and head out . . . hopefully next weekend!

I am soooooo ready for 80+ degrees!

I ran 9.87 late this afternoon (part of it in a torrential downpour) to wrap my month up with 185.03 miles. Holy crap, that is almost double what I ran last month.

I couldn't sit idle on the last day of the winter challenge. 5 miles bf running. Yes, BF Running!

Then Easter festivities with the kids. Kind of fun, roped off areas on the ski slopes with hundreds of eggs. I tried to coach my girls, told them to not stop at the first eggs, continue up the hill hiking at a fast steady pace, no running, to get to the eggs further up the hill. Nope, in the heat of the moment, they ran with the rest of the kids and then burned out in the thin air. Oh well, less candy anyway. Do we finally have a break from these candy holidays?

Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend.

10.1km (6.3mi) to start the week, legs a bit heavy today, still managed to run at a nice and steady pace....This weekend I thought about doing the HM in May, but I think I need a bit more time, I am still far from the 65km/week. But I am seriously thinking about the September one, luckily the run is one week after my daughter's wedding ! Training would start around June...

75 spinning bike with power intervals in early AM
swimming 30 minutes this lovely 70°F afternoon. *sigh of satisfaction*
running around on my acre, getting the sprinklers going for the year... pine needles hurt like straight pins.:barefoot:

75 spinning bike with power intervals in early AM
swimming 30 minutes this lovely 70°F afternoon. *sigh of satisfaction*
running around on my acre, getting the sprinklers going for the year... pine needles hurt like straight pins.:barefoot:

On Easter Sunday I was walking around my wifes parents place and found the fallen spruce tree needles are hard to walk on also. Ouch! The dry needles sure resemble stickers an are just about as annoying!

Ran 3.2 miles today and checked my time ran 8.25 min miles. Thought maybe all of the Easter eggs and candy might have slowed me down a bit more than that. Guess I was happy with that time as I havent ran for a couplel days. Walked a bit over a mile after the run.

Monday afternoon
Very nice Front (chest and upper arms) ST workout. My revamped routine is pretty much set after six months of endless tweaking. The thing really flows now with minimal set-up hassles in between exercises. And I had slight improvements over last week as I'm able to begin pushing things a bit now that my left shoulder is feeling completely fine. Then I slept like a baby last night. Thank you ye anaerobic gods of the pump, you are the yang to my running yin.

Aerobic / Anaerobic
Running / Weights
High / Pump
Yin / Yang
Air / Earth

In search of fitness wa
while channeling my chi.
Then damn cold IPA.

After Sunday's morning run, I felt a bit sore and lazy the rest of the day. This re-confirmed for me that the natural time to exercise my animal is at the end of the day, late afternoon. Then dinner, then hanging out with the fam, then deep sleep. Oh yeah. It's a pity though. I think exercising first thing in the morning would be more convenient, with much less chance of interruption. Oh well. And then there's you folks doing doubles or triples. Oh my.

Ok, I've being on a running funk-again no long run this past weekend and five miles yesterday on a extremely windy and cold day and NO STG run :mad:.
Maybe I should just take some time off from running and hit the roads when the temps reach 80 degs.
Ok I am done ranting.

Five and a half miles at luch time IDT and STG.

Tried to do a 7 mile tempo run, but may have started out too fast. First mile was 8:30 pace, but the next 5 were progressively slower until I depressed myself with 9:05. I made up for that some by kicking out the last mile at an 8:40 pace. All STG, which was wonderful.

.25 mi bf on the outdoor track at my university, temp 25F, windchill 18. However, it was so sunny this morning, and there I was, parking in front of the thing, so I figured, why not? It was pins and needles horribly painful. I thought it was my lack of conditioning and not being used to the "stimulation" of the rubberized track pointies. Well, when I gave up after the one lap, I looked down at my soles and found an even coating of those little pebbles that are embedded in the rubber, embedded into my skin. That would explain the ouchies. Still felt kind of hard core in a weird way for doing it.

A little over 3 mi in my little socks on the rectangular track indoors at the gym. Yes, the one where I think I tweaked my ankle rounding the corner too tight and fast. Took it fairly slow, was ready to stop at the slightest sign, but got none.

about 20 min abs and a few weights. Too busy at the gym to get much else done.

about 2o min swim.

getting ready to pick up kids then rush back to campus for my swim lesson. Bought sandwiches, fruit, and cupcakes to bribe my children into being patient in the bleachers for me after they've had a long exercise filled day at the local nature center spring break camp.