Mileage reporting 13th week 2014

Great 8 mile run at 6:00 am 52 deg. f...
Saw lots of rabbits, ducks, local parrots, one large hawk.
Heard a rooster crow.

Last run of the week for me. total miles 19

Reactions: happysongbird
A comfortably paced 19+ miles on Thursday, in Altra Samsons, running the north end of Manhattan. Nothing on Friday as it was blowing a gale out at my sister-in-laws beach house with the air temperature around 4C. 5+ barefoot miles on Saturday on the beach. The same air temperature but flat calm. I'd just got done when the heavens opened and spent the rest of the day prepping the house for Summer.

Friday, first outdoor bicycle ride in months. 13 miles in wind and rain on my mountain bike. Then, that night had a karaoke/dance party here at home until midnight.

Saturday, managed to run 5 miles that included rough roads and some around the ponds, and I'm glad I did, but at 5, I was just done and walked about 1/2 mile home. Husband went with and took off his shoes for about 1/2 mile on some of the nicer pavement around the ponds.

I must tell you that a friend of mine with several children under the age of 13 was taking them for a walk last week and they said, "Mom, can we go barefoot like Mrs. Blodgett?" My friend is pro-barefoot, although not a runner or going barefoot when out of the house, and said yes, just asking them to carrying something in case their feet got sore. The older kids are probably going to write some on my blog about it. That should be fun!

Sunday - resting today

s-same as yesterday. yog with the dogs and some pistols at the park.

an older couple was shuffling up the walkway when i was doing my pistols. the man said "i didn't know anyone can move like that. you're limber."

i told him"we can do some amazing things." again, "yeah, but you're strong." me, "no, not really".

i didn't complete my reps. i was on a bench and stepped off instead of pushing back up. didn't feel too strong.