Mileage Reporting 12th Week of 2013

70 minutes on a real road bike this morning. More of an upper body workout than a spinning bike! Wind, cold, a couple of new friends. :)
Then, it just hit me just about an hour ago that I really NEEDED to go run. Decided to do a speed workout of sorts. Ran the first mile in 7:42, then a cool down of 9:07, THEN a mile in 7:29! Definitely a born to run moment! :joyful:

Did not run due to a soccer league foto shoot that started with set up at 7:30am and finally breaking down by 4:30pm. Dayum, was it cold! It started sleeting on us around 10:e45am - WTF??? I was too tired by the time I got home.

Anyway, I did manage 40.06 miles for the week.

14.7km (9.1mi) today, slow but nice and steady....

My wife, who is lot more adventurous than me, found a new route along the coast with some nice stretches on rocks, so I decided to try it myself, and it is a very nice (not only scenic, but from a workout point of view) route.

Only problem is that I left home a bit late, and it is really busy, almost like the freeway on Monday morning at peak hour, nevertheless, very enjoyable, I took time, and did not run after a record or whatever, just enjoyed the view !!! Weather was perfect too, with a nice and sunny 21C (70F)

Then, it just hit me just about an hour ago that I really NEEDED to go run. Decided to do a speed workout of sorts. Ran the first mile in 7:42, then a cool down of 9:07, THEN a mile in 7:29! Definitely a born to run moment! :joyful:
These are the sort of moment that makes you want to run, totally agree with you.....Awesome !!!! :happy:

Yesterday (friday):
45 min swim am,
then about 5 miles run in moc3s on campus. weird feelign in legs---may have been some sort of dehydration/glycogen/somethign weird? issue, since I didn't have any calories yet that morning and hadnt eaten dinner very late the night before. not sure, but had a bar thing of some sort and some water then was fine for
about 30 min st/abs

about another 35 min swim fri evening (another double dip day), concentrating on freestyle as in the morning, very few other things except a few kicks.

saturday: 8.2 miles, past on of the out and back lake routes, into some pretty, hilly country w/ lots of hobby farms full of cute cows, chickens and horses
some weights for a few minutes, a few abs, then had to get ready to go back into town for errands.

Saturday afternoon
7.37 mi / 11.86 km
34 F / 1.1 C
31 F / -.5 C windchill

Had a nice out-n-back to Como Lake. So much more pleasant to run a little journey like this than doing loops or back-n-forths. Once I got to Como Regional Park, there was a lot of moisture, large puddles, and slush, and the wind picked up around the lake, so my feet came close to tapping out at one point. Luckily it was right around one of my favorite stretching spots, so I put on my back-up socks and Vapor Gloves to warm my feet up while I stretched out. I use a wall on an incline whose top remains level, so I can adjust the height of my hammie/calf stretch by descending down the hill with the supporting leg. I start with the raised leg at about waist-level and then eventually finish with my foot up around head-level. Ah, . . . it hurts so good.

I ran just under 10 mm pace, so slowly but surely my LSD/aerobic pace is speeding up a bit. I have a feeling that if I can get in another month of consistent running at decent distances, I'll really start to improve. My MPW is slowly increasing too; 24.3 miles (39 km) on the week, so I fell just two miles short of setting a new marathon PR of 144 hrs.

Nothing, Zip, Nada. Foot injury and work has me shod. If you want to hear about some epic hikes coming up training for the Grand Canyon, let me know. Mileage, even shod, allowed here?
mos' definitely. I'm almost tempted to include playing horsy with my kids . . . at my age it feels like a workout, especially when my wife jumps on too!

I agree. And it definitely decreases the fun factor!
Yah, just not worth it for me. I prefer to let the gains come to me in their own sweet time, although amazingly Day Runner made his WR 100 km look like fun the whole way.

4 miles yesterday. It was not a good run, hit the wall at 2 miles on a planned 6-8 miler, wound up doing a walk/run/walk on the way home. I was tired with not much sleep, and after thinking it about I realized that all I had eaten was a orange Friday morning at 10, busy at work and at home all day. I guess that means that I do not run well after fasting. Also the temperature when I started was -20C with windchill and warmed up really quick once I got started to -10C, that also did not help. Good news is that all that solar energy is melting the snow even though we are still only sitting at highs of -5C during the day. Should be able to get out barefoot for short spurts at the end of my runs next week.

after thinking it about I realized that all I had eaten was a orange Friday morning at 10, busy at work and at home all day. I guess that means that I do not run well after fasting.
There have been a few times lately when I realized I need to think harder about eating enough before a run!

Reactions: dutchie53
11.5 windy and cold miles on Sat(shod).
Ran along the Iowa River and I was treated to a beautiful sight of two low flying eagles over the river, it was such a wonderful sight they are huge when seen that close, it sure made my cold and windy run well worht it.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmeiners11

Latest posts