Mileage Reporting 10th Week of 2013

Posted my previous run on the wrong thread, so here we go for this week (so far)

Wednesday 12.5km (7.8mi)
Saturday 13.7km (8.5mi)

Tomorrow, monthly meeting with Sydney BF runners at Coogee for a run along the coast (aka 3 beach run). We are planning about 8km with lots of hills, and then a well deserved coffee after !!

1 hr swim lesson. started butterfly stroke. whew. feeling tired and awkward. tried to channel some inner boogie action to get the hip thing going, then put too much hip into it, apparently, then by that time i was beat. Got new things to work on for next practice though

This is my first mileage posting. Not sure what the mileage posting is all about maybe someone can explain this to me. Ran barefoot 3 miles today on the local bike trail. Had been running mostly in VFF's over the winter but ocassionaly ran barefoot on warm days. I havent run BF enough this winter though as the bottoms of my feet are tender on the same surfaces I ran with no problems on last summer. Guess Im kinda starting all over building up thicker pads on my feet. Decided I wont let this happen next winter during the cold months. The 3 miles was probably a bit far. Guess I need to walk BF on some rough asphalt every day as it seems to do the trick.

Looks like you already know what this is all about. It's about posting about your mileage or, in my case as I'm not running due to injury, your workouts. Looks like you had a perfect post for here.

Wasnt sure if TJ or someone else was keeping track of peoples mileage or if was just a place for posting about daily runs etc.

Thought I would go on a walk this morning a couple miles to continue building the soles but found the weather to be fog with heavey mist. Started out on rough asphalt and needed to go about 1/2 mile before reaching the smoother surface concrete bike trail. Didnt get far as the small rocks on the asphalt continued sticking to my feet and with them not in the condition I'd like them to be I decided to play it safe and turn around after nearly reaching the bike trail as I dont want to be down for several days as next weeks forecast calls for good barefoot weather. So I headed home with "my tail between my legs" so to speak. ;) Too bad as it would have turned out being a nice walk as the morning was so quiet with only the sound of the robbins singing and the water droplets falling from the tress from the heavey fog/mist. I'll be ready next time!:joyful:

12 plus mile bike ride along the rivers and visiting near where we used to live. Quite fun!
THEN, we met some friends for a hike up Elephant Mountain, total time 2.5 hours. You haven't climbed stairs until you have climbed some of the ones around here in Taipei. Elephant Mountain above Taipei.jpgElephant Mountain temple.jpgElephant Mountain.jpg

Well, my long run was a little shorter than planned. As I was going out the door my daughter reminded me that she needed her dad to drive her her here and there within a hours time. Would have been nice to know this schedule last night so I could have planned to go out earlier. The run was about 4.5 miles felt good, no niggles and did not feel labored. Felt slow as I felt that my cadence was down somewhat (running unplugged today). Most of the streets are now plowed so with some help from solar heat, I should be able to get some longer barefoot runs later in the week. Keeping the bare miles low as there is still a lot of slushy puddles on the streets. Will head out for a bare km later today as soon as my wife is out shopping, this way if she does not know she can not have me committed. As you can tell, she has not been a great supporter in my barefoot running (she is a healthcare professional). So if she finds out that I am running barefoot in ice and snow I am sure I will wake up in a padded room in some sort of institution. :rolleyes:

about 5.5 mi this afternoon, down my usual route by a lake, planned on no more than 4, went for 5, then saw a dog in the middle of the road on my way back looking at me so curiously and didn't feel like dealing with it, so took a detour down a muddy dirt road. Not bad for coughing, sore throat, stuffy nose all day. Oh cooties, you love the children, then the children give you to us.

about 1.5 hr at the pool, at least 1 hr of swimming. A little chaotic. The pool is supposed to be structured into sections including a little floating obstacle course area, a shallow end play area, two wide lap lanes(often filled with lap swimmers but not tonight) and the deep end, with 1 and 3 meter diving boards. Lately on weekends, the "family" swimmers keep drifting themselves their kids over into the lap lanes. As in, to play ball in the middle of a lap lane while my face is in the water heading their way.
The lifeguards don't really step in lately so I took several breaks trying to figure out how not to hit people. My kids saw school friends and went off to play after one lap, but then complained about getting whacked in various locations by teens and preteens not paying attention.
Talked to the lifeguards about it and they were young and inexperienced enough that they weren't sure what they were "allowed" to direct people to. I'm old and experienced enough to tell them about liability, law suits, and having lifeguards remind people about pool rules. They seemed receptive.

Nothing else. No abs, no weights. head is throbbing enough that I thought I might have hit the wall of the pool but I didn't.

12 plus mile bike ride along the rivers and visiting near where we used to live. Quite fun!
THEN, we met some friends for a hike up Elephant Mountain, total time 2.5 hours. You haven't climbed stairs until you have climbed some of the ones around here in Taipei.

I love that your vacation is filled with so much activity.
That's the only way I like to visit places.

Reactions: happysongbird
Talked to the lifeguards about it and they were young and inexperienced enough that they weren't sure what they were "allowed" to direct people to. I'm old and experienced enough to tell them about liability, law suits, and having lifeguards remind people about pool rules. They seemed receptive.
Most of our life guards at the gym have been a nice balance, but once a newbie yelled at my daughter for barely touching the lane divider. She was in the middle of swimming laps, too, so it wasn't like she was in there just playing around. Very quick and heavy handed. She was 15 at the time, but I spoke up for her anyway. Can be confusing for kids when you teach them to respect authority, but then it is done wrong. I never saw him again, so I don't think he was getting the hang of the job.

3km barefoot on Friday, part of which involved delivering a bra to one of my wife's friends. I'm glad I didn't get pulled over by the police.
Saturday morning, 7.5km shod with the running club, and then a surf in some nice big waves. I got caught inside with a big set smashing me and both calves cramped at the same time. Not a great feeling.

My calves have now officially crossed the line from "tight" to "sore", so it's time to back things off for a bit.

So, no running today, but finished the week with a trip to the Dreamworld amusement park and a ride on the 39 storey Giant Drop, among others. A couple of "I'm too old for this shit" moments, but great fun nonetheless.