Merrell Pace Glove women's minimalist shoe review

Question about these and the

Question about these and the trail glove. If given the choice between the two which is better to go with or are they identical? I'm thinking about maybe thinking about buying some and have no problem buying men's shoes if they are the better option (I have large enough feet I often can find men's shoes in my size easier anyways). Do you think there is value to getting one pair instead of the other?

ajb- the soles are identical,

ajb- the soles are identical, as are width. The uppers are very similar in fit and function. The only significant difference seems to be the heel- the Pace has elastic, the Trail does not. I'd suggest finding a local retailer (there will be quite a few around the country) and try both.

My wife wants a pair but they

My wife wants a pair but they aren't on Hawaii yet as far as we can tell. Went to a bunch of stores looking for them. Ideas? (beside ordering them online, she likes to try on first.)

Dirtbag- they're only

Dirtbag- they're only released in a few stores right now... they are still being manufactured. Another wave should hit around Feb. 1st, then another a little while after that. I think the shoe was originally supposed to be released around the middle of March or so.

Jason, isn't that fun being

Jason, isn't that fun being able to call somebody a dirtbag and get away with it? Hee. ;-)

BTW, Congrats on your

BTW, Congrats on your wedding, Mr. :hat: & Mrs. :party: Dirtbag!

Thanks LPJ, great review. I

Thanks LPJ, great review. I am interested in these shoes for a winter running shoe and will head out to some stores in my area to try them on. My question, I didn't see anything regarding the width. I've got some ridiculously wide feet...will the toe box of the Pace Glove accommodate that?

I will definitely get the word out on them carrying your book, will have to pick up a copy to carry around with me (I have yet to read it!!! Still waiting for my audio version ;) ). In regards to buying an inventory of the books, what's the best route?

Zum, I have both the Pace and

Zum, I have both the Pace and the Trail and I did find the Pace to be on the narrow side. The Trails were wide enough to accomodate swelling. The lacing system is great on the Trails with one more set of holes for added specific tightening.

If I were to buy some I would go with the Trails. My feet are on the narrow side even after the spreading that comes with going bare and the Pace were still too narrow for my taste.

Thanks Hoop, I'll try them

Thanks Hoop, I'll try them both if I can find them in stores. I've tried one out of 6 local Merrell retailers and they didn't have anything remotely "barefoot".

My feet are not 'ridiculously

My feet are not 'ridiculously wide' they're more normal width now (they used to be quite narrow before I switched to only minimalist footwear) and the Pace Glove sample I have is too narrow for me.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts