Member Profile of the Week - Chickpastor - A Devine Runner

babychicks.jpg

Member Profile of the Week
Chickpastor
A Devine Runner
“Chick Pastor” (Chickpastor) is 35 and lives in Alpharetta, Georgia, with her husband “Dude Pastor” and their two children, one mutt dog, and four backyard chickens. She enjoys reading, kid stuff, mini-farming in the suburbs, and cooking organic food. As you guessed it, she is a pastor. Chick earned a BS from UT Knoxville and a M.Div (Masters of Divinity) from Trinity Lutheran Seminary.
The movie Get Low that just came out staring Robert Duvall and Bill Murray is based on her family, and her husband was one of the co-writers. [It seems like a very interesting movie, and I know I will be seeing it soon.]
She has been running on and off for the past 13 years. Her favorite distance is the half marathon, and her favorite race is the AJC Peachtree Road Race 10K, which takes place every year in Atlanta on July 4 and draws around 55,000 runners. She says it’s her favorite because it’s “SO MUCH FUN!Party in 6.2 miles!” She has some very good PRs of 7:30 in the mile, 25:60 in the 5K, 56:30 in the 10K, 2:11:10 in the half, and 6 hours “and something” in the full.
Chick explains how she came to be a barefoot and minimalist runner. “I was not enjoying my running and was adding more and more padding on to my shoes. Then my husband bought me Born to Run for my birthday (July 2009), and it actually changed my life. He is not a runner, but he said he knew it would be the best thing ever for me to read. I tried a little barefooting, and then I ran into a friend who was barefoot running and loving it. I tried taking off my shoes mid-run for a little while and ran longer and longer in the "gaps" between shoes. I loved it so much; it made me fall back in love with running! I bought VFF Classics for when it was impractical to BF, and they served me very well.”
She said the reason she joined the Barefoot Runners Society was because she “needed a place to ask questions of people who won't judge and who know what I'm talking about! Also, [it’s a] good place to hear about new articles, etc.” We’re glad to have you with us, Chickpastor!

I ran a race this past Saturday in my Huaraches (had my dog along for the fun, too). When I passed a guy with "I run with Jesus, you can, too!" on the back of his T-Shirt, someone from behind yelled out to him, "Hey, I think Jesus is passing you!", lol. All in good fun :D

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts