Luna Go's

The premium Lunas are

The premium Lunas are available on Ted's website:

EQUUS Luna Sandals - starting at $124.95.

And he's selling the laces separately with a discount for Luna customers who ordered this year:

http://lunasandals.com/kits.html#equus

They really look confortable..but I need to experiment a little more with homemade huaraches before spending that kind of money. I know I'll get a pair eventually but I'm not ready yet.

Wow, that price is massive. 

Wow, that price is massive. Kind of bummed about the price, no way can I afford that, and I was pumped to get these. Maybe if I get christmas money, lol!

@TJ, i can totally related on the gripping with the toes, I think this is a natural instinct to do. My first few runs I noticed I was gripping, I think it's 35+ years of wearing flip flops. I noticed a slight TOFP, just because I was gripping while running, and stressing foot muslces that didn't need to be stressed.

Anyways I have totally relaxed my feet while running in huaraches, and it's getting super comfortable. Once you laced them up and ready to go they are going nowhere on your feet. Just continue to run like you do barefoot, it's more of a mental barrier, but once you get throught that I think you will enjoy them. Running barefoot for the majority of the year it's takes me awhile to adapt to footwear in the winter. As of now I really love running in huaraches, they take time to adapt but keep at it, it's worth it.

Thanks, Adam.  I shall try

Thanks, Adam. I shall try again, I suppose.

124.95 ?  Is this a joke ? 

124.95 ? Is this a joke ? How do they justify this price ? Vivo barefoot shoes are comparable to that price. With more materials, and more labor to construct shoe. Their proice makes no sense. I can't imagine many folks will spend that amount on bare bones sandlas. It's just crazy. I'm still waiting for a email response on how this price is justified.

It will be interesting to see

It will be interesting to see how many Ted sells when all of the new minimal shoes come out in the spring. I hope he has not priced himself out of the market. He's a good guy with good products.

Apparently, the high price is

Apparently, the high price is due to the leather being used, cordovan leather. Ted gives a bit more of an explanation in this thread in the minimalist group...

http://groups.google.com/group/huaraches/browse_thread/thread/20271d157ee33fda/34e25ae365a7b6ca?show_docid=34e25ae365a7b6ca&pli=1

Ted posted on FB that it's

Ted posted on FB that it's premium leather so the price reflects it. with these you can replace the sole when it wears out as well as the strap. much cheaper than buying a new pair or new shoes. still at that price i just may buy the straps and add some leather to my huaraches until i can justify spending more money on more shoes.

mike