Lots of Muddy Feet!

ewheeldrive

Barefooters
Jun 7, 2010
Unfortunatley, most of them were covered up. This past Saturday was the ASYMCA 8k Mudrun in Norfolk, VA. It was to date the most fun I've had on a barefoot run. Mile 1 is packed sand on the beach, 2 is a rooty trail run, 3 was a mix of road and grass fields, and the last 2 were deep, powdery sand dunes. The whole course was filled with obstacles, mud pits, trenches, wall climbs, and river crossings. I only saw a couple other barefooters but alot of VFF's, maybe 15% of the 2100 runners. I felt for anyone with anything on their feet, especially in the dunes. I finished around 70 out of the 2100 and was pretty pleased with that, as its a pretty competetive field. All I can say is find one near you and jump in. It's really a race created to be barefoot!

sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs232.snc4/38936_1409389633805_1204392505_30949772_2332075_n.jpg

sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs111.ash2/38903_1409389913812_1204392505_30949774_6521016_n.jpg

Looks like a blast!  But how

Looks like a blast! But how can you tell that first photo was you? Hee.

This looks amazing! I was

This looks amazing!

I was just looking at the Philadelphia Down And Dirty Mud Run, it looks like a lot of fun. But how hard are the obstacle for an average person with no military training?

- Stephanie

sloutre wrote:This looks

sloutre said:
This looks amazing!

I was just looking at the Philadelphia Down And Dirty Mud Run, it looks like a lot of fun. But how hard are the obstacle for an average person with no military training?

- Stephanie

They really aren't difficult. They'll slow you down a little and keep things interesting but that's about it. Go for it! You won't regret it.

The overall reaction to the

The overall reaction to the Philadelphia Down & Dirty Mud Run was that it was on the wimpy side - not enough mud and not enough obstacles. I did the 10k and although it was a great trail run and the mud pit at the end was a great way to cool off, the obstacles seemed infrequent and more of an afterthought. Plus, running barefoot is not allowed.

I'm planning to do the Warrior Dash in Quarryville, PA in October. Barefoot is a go for that one - I look forward to giving you my report!

Looks like a lot of fun! Nice

Looks like a lot of fun! Nice photos

I need to look for a mud run

I need to look for a mud run around here. That type of race looks like a blast. Thanks for the report and pics.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test