Lems Boulder Boots

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by paulbeales, May 5, 2014.

1. paulbeales Administrator
    1. Presidents
    2. International
    3. United Kingdom

Message Count:
    I have now worn the Lems boots which I won in the draw here a few times and owe a review.

I really like the look and style of them and they are real eye catchers. I am always being asked by people where they are from.

I love how bendy they are and how I can wriggle my toes in the roomy toe box too.

Being a seasoned wearer of very thin soled shoes, I do however find the soles a little thicker than I would prefer and I find myself heel striking hard when I walk after I have been wearing them for only a few hours.

They are however still my go-to footwear for social occasions and 'Sunday Best' and I would have no hesitation in recommending them to 'beginners' interested in transitioning to barefoot style shoes or barefoot running.

The first pair I received were a little too tight across the width and Lems kindly allowed me to exchange them for a size up. If anyone has any doubts about which size they need I would definitely recommend sizing up not down.

johan131, Hobbit, PB Junkie and 2 others like this.
  2. Bare Lee Chapter Presidents
    1. Minnesota

Message Count:
    I also owe a review, so maybe it's best to tack on here?

First, I ordered the Boots, like Paul, but they were too tight. I could barely get my foot in. Like Paul says, you should probably size up with Lems. Unfortunately my size in black wasn't available until May, so when I told my wife about it, she asked if she could order the Primal 2, Frost, instead. Having seen the boots, I wasn't too excited by the none-too-minimal cushioning, so I agreed to let my wife get my prize. How often do I get to give her a gift at no cost? I asked the friendly folks at Lems if it was alright, and they said yes.

My wife absolutely loves the Primal 2s! She says they're the most comfortable shoe she's worn for her nursing duties. As both Paul and I mentioned, they're a little too cushy to be considered true minimalist shoes, but the flexibility, wide toe box, and flat sole get everything else right, and for a job that requires a lot of standing, maybe a little extra cushion is what's called for? I dunno, I just know my wife likes these shoes a lot, and she's a real shoe connoisseur. In fact, she just ordered the Primal 2 in black as well.

johan131, Hobbit, NickW and 2 others like this.
  3. Hobbit Barefooters
    1. Fran├žaise -...
    2. Deutschland-Ger...

Message Count:
    Thanks for these useful informations! :)
    Do you think they would they make good hiking boots? (If for one reason or another somebody wants to wear shoes whilst hiking :p) How is the traction on mud, wet grass or gravel?
  4. paulbeales Administrator
    1. Presidents
    2. International
    3. United Kingdom

Message Count:
    Hi Hobbit. They are much like Desert Boots. There is not a lot of tread

Hobbit likes this.