Leadville Huaraches video review

ChaoticMark

Barefooters
May 21, 2010
i'd been wearing vibrams (kso & kso treksport) when i wanted some extra protection for my feet but have given up on them. i haven't had a pair last longer than 100 miles (fabric between the toes falls apart). so, i decided to get myself of Leadville Huaraches from Barefoot Ted. i took em out for a swift spin on some local trails and put together a video review for folks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcOM2eRXmjk

Great report!  Didn't realize

Great report! Didn't realize how thick they were, but then you said that's not an issue. I made some homemade ones with some rubber flooring that I had and there's absolutely no cushioning, so it would be interesting to run in yours to see the difference. I still get a slapping sound which I can't seem to get rid of no matter what form I use. Wonder if the neoprene would quiet that down a bit.

luckily no slapping sound

luckily no slapping sound with mine. as for the thick neoprene sole, it originally had me a bit concerned. Ted said that it eventually contours to the foot which i'm already starting to notice.

Just reading up on neoprene.

Just reading up on neoprene. Very useful material and should last years, and quite abrasion resistant so basically perfect for this application. I have been on the fence about huaraches for whatever reason, but these really have my interest. Maybe I'll treat myself and get a pair once the temps start to get a bit too uncomfortable for bf. Thanks for the review!

And you can wear them with

And you can wear them with wool five-toed socks too, Dune.