Killerton Parkrun 5k

Spinningwoman

Barefooters
May 23, 2013
Well, I did it, my first 'event', and it went fine. The first mile and the last half mile were grass and woodland mud tracks, which I ran barefoot, but the bit in the middle was quite rough gravelled or stony track, for which I was glad I had taken my Sockwas. They were super-easy to put off and on, and did fine on the stone and gravel, though a bit slippery on a muddy bit.
I got a few comments along the lines of 'you're brave' from my fellow bringers-up of the rear. No comment from any of the faster people!

I was more concerned to finish in good order and not actually last than to push it, so I think another time I could improve on the time, but I was quite pleased with what my watch recorded as 40m16s (official times out this evening probably). I definitely ran more and walked less than in my usual runs - next time I need to turn off the beep on my watch that tells me I'm exceeding my target heartrate because that got quite annoying! I managed to beat the speed-walker and the woman with the 5 year old boy, anyway (though he and I changed places a few times on the downhills<g>, and had energy left to sprint the last bit which was fun.

Lovely weather, and rather nice running in the morning for a change, though here I am half way through the afternoon with no outing to look forward to.

Fun, that's what matters! Congrats to you on your first 5K. The barefoot parts sound lovely! :barefoot:

Actually, Happysongbird, the little boy was really cute, and the trails weren't narrow so it was fine. His mum was behind me, and he alternated between 'wanna go faster, hurry up mum' and 'are we nearly there yet' but he was so proud to finish - he was all registered so he got an official time as well, I think.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts