Just what you need...another Sport Kilt review

Well... you know... there are

Well... you know... there are people out there who do run naked. I guess at this point its a matter of where y'all are gonna draw the lines. What will be the next alternative style of running once barefoot and kilted become ho-hum?

Danjo wrote:It makes sense

Danjo said:
It makes sense though, if we're open minded enough to run barefoot, a kilt isn't that far out of an idea.

I onced asked the SBL membership if anyone knew of an advanced civilized culture anywhere in the world at anytime in history

in which full-grown "succesful" men went barefoot in public.

One member correctly pointed out that in Scotland at the height of their level of world importance the kilted big-shots went barefoot and proud.

Maybe there IS something to the kilt/BF connection

Possibly it's in McDougal's blood!

That is incredible, Zap, just

That is incredible, Zap, just as I imagined. Can you please email me the original? I say for all our kilt-wearing, "running free," breathren, please copy this to your sites and spread the word.

You know all those bare-butt naked runs going on around the country? Who would wear a kilt and say they are naked at the same time, naked "underneath?" Wouldn't that be like cheating?

If anyone wants to use this

If anyone wants to use this logo on their blog/website this version may work better. Its PNG format with a transparent background.

BRS_kiltedLGO_SML.png

Barefoot TJ wrote:That is

Barefoot TJ said:
That is incredible, Zap, just as I imagined. Can you please email me the original? I say for all our kilt-wearing, "running free," breathren, please copy this to your sites and spread the word.

You know all those bare-butt naked runs going on around the country? Who would wear a kilt and say they are naked at the same time, naked "underneath?" Wouldn't that be like cheating?

Kind of like wearing a minimal shoe and saying that you run barefoot. LOL. ;) :D

Peace,

Karen

I wasn't going to go there!

I wasn't going to go there!

Danjo, kilt wearing hasn't

Danjo, kilt wearing hasn't made me hate pants and shorts as much as barefooting has made me hate shoes. It is definitely way more comfortable than shorts, and I will definitely be wearing my kilt for all of my super long runs. Time will tell how far I will go with it.

But barefooting and kilt wearing are similar because they represent innovations into running. We're on the cutting edge man! It's the same reason why so many barefooters are ultra runners...because ultra runners are usually looking for the latest trends as well.

Okay, that seals the deal,

Okay, that seals the deal, I'm getting one as soon as possible, haha. I just didn't want to be going through the rest of highschool and college avoiding wearing pants, haha. I bet I'll try to get away with wearing the kilt everywhere anyways, but at least I won't be dying when I have to wear pants like I am when I have to put shoes on now. I think Born To Run also helps with the ultra-runner thing, because I know I at least read to the book to see what it had to say about barefooting (and it says almost nothing, lots of minimal running though) and came out of it firmly deciding that Ultra's were my kind of thing. Now I just need to actual get up to that kind of mileage, haha.

I can see that the kilt won't

I can see that the kilt won't be practical in certain situations. In winter for one I will be wearing pants because my motto is protect the pecker. Also, I don't think I will wear it casually. I'm not big into the whole barefoot living thing, so I expect to follow social convention here too...with one exception. I will be wearing it out to bars and stuff...because I tend to party pretty hard and have a penchant for looking ridiculous when I do.

my motto is protect the

my motto is protect the pecker

That's a good motto to have.

Hey Danjo! And a bonus might

Hey Danjo! And a bonus might be that a kilt might be cooler in the Summer (although not so sure about that if its a very heavy wool)! Just a thought...

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test