Just what you need...another Sport Kilt review

saypay45

Chapter Presidents
May 24, 2010
If it gets too cold quit

If it gets too cold quit being a sally and put on some pantyhose, or running tights as you all so fondly call them :p

How much was it?

If I put on some tights, I

If I put on some tights, I think the kilt loses all it's power. The large Original was $69.95. In hindsight I should have gotten the medium long, which was $59.95. The price seems a little steep, but it's a looooot of fabric, so I can see why it sells for that price point.

My 4 year old son was just

My 4 year old son was just looking at SayPay's pictures with me and says, "How do you use your body when it's that long?" Priceless! And I didn't even have to point that out to him.

You weren't brave enough to

You weren't brave enough to wear it out in the daytime? Shame!

And I can't believe you said I look ridiculous

67437_1468966880540_1124632342_31118026_6390778_n.jpg

Nice job though and I'm looking forward to the next update

I don't run during the

I don't run during the daytime Shack. But don't worry, I'll get out there when there are people looking at me. This Saturday I'm taking it out in the morning on a 20 miler for a real test.

The idea of getting kilt is

The idea of getting kilt is so tempting. I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to resist the call of the man skirt. :)

Even before I started running the idea of wearing a kilt was under consideration... now I have one more excuse.

S. Pimp.

btw, running with the kilt in

btw, running with the kilt in Toronto was so much different then running with it here in SoCal

Here, I get a lot of "nice skirt" comments but up there everyone was "nice kilt", "sweet kilt" and I even had people try out their Scottish accents on me, not that I'm Scottish. There was even a 5-piece bagpipe band playing and I got a thumbs up from them as I ran by.

After the race we stopped by a Starbuck's and an old Scottish couple sat next to me to find out what part of Scotland I was from and to inquire about the family (they recognized the tartan colors).

Maybe we need to move to

Maybe we need to move to Toronto. I'll have to get back to you on whether Minnesota is kilt friendly. My guess is no, because we're pretty close-minded about most things, and we fear difference and change.

After the race we stopped by

After the race we stopped by a Starbuck's and an old Scottish couple sat next to me to find out what part of Scotland I was from and to inquire about the family (they recognized the tartan colors).

Boy, I bet they were disappointed to find out you were just a lowly American.

I wonder how long I'm going

I wonder how long I'm going to be able to resist getting one of these... Saypay, do you now find pants and shorts and pants uncomfortable? I think thats my main reason, besides the price, for not getting one now, I already can't stand wearing shoes, and I think not being able to stand pants might push me over the edge of exentricity. If its just more comfortable than pants I think I'd probably have to get one sometime soon.

Who knows, maybe we'll end up revolutionizing the running world with both barefooting and kilt wearing, haha.

Now, we all need to see Danjo

Now, we all need to see Danjo in a kilt. And you may be onto something. I've thought about this as well. Seems like everytime I see a guy wearing a kilt (except once), he's running barefoot. We'll have to change the BRS red to BRS plaid. Zap, can you turn our logo into plaid? That would be cute.

Hahahah! Awwwwyeah. A plaid

Hahahah! Awwwwyeah. A plaid kilt logo. Hmmmmmm. Sounds like a fun and inspiring project! I always wondered why a lot of barefoot running guys were so open to...well...being so open! After reading SayPay's blog it no longer eludes me.

I find it really interesting,

I find it really interesting, I get more questions and comments about my barefeet then I get about my kilt. At the Ultra I ran with my wife on the weekend. She would ask the volunteers and some of the runners if they had seen 'the guy with the kilt', and they would go kilt? No, ooohhh, do you mean the guy with the bare feet. By the end of the race I was dubbed by the race director 'The Barefoot Kilted Guy'.

And there is nothing like running free like that.

It makes sense though, if

It makes sense though, if we're open minded enough to run barefoot, a kilt isn't that far out of an idea. And why stop at freeing our feet? As far as I can tell running in a kilt is pretty much the socially acceptable version of running naked. I think I just might have to see if I can get one for christmas or something, though I'll probably only get away with wearing it when I'm running by myself, I really can't see my XC coach going for it next year, haha. Of course I'll have to get a lot more buff before I can put up any pictures, haha, though no matter how much I work out Nate's pictures on the last kilt thread will still put me to shame.

Okay, I just have to ask... 

Okay, I just have to ask... Here goes... Well... Maybe not... Okay... I'll try... Er... Uh... Uh... Does it come with a built-in banana hammock? :puzzled:

Hahahaha, TJ, no, haha, you

Hahahaha, TJ, no, haha, you have to supply your own. I think that might kind of defeat the purpose anyways.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test