Just checkin' in...

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by miker, Jul 27, 2010.

1. space girl Barefooters
    1. Oklahoma

Message Count:
    I have been recently

I have been recently diagnosed with RA and SLE (lupus), so I've been trying to "go Paleo" this week while I wait for the doc to figure out which meds I don't need. I'm having a heck of a time adjusting to the new diet (tired and hungry all of the time), so I have just been doing walking and stuff like push ups and squats. I would like to run marathons and ultras again but I don't know if that will happen again right now.

2. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    I'm so sorry, Girl.  I wish

I'm so sorry, Girl. I wish you didn't have to go through that. That really sucks.

3. kdzdoc Barefooters

Message Count:
    I am Jamie Akin, I live in

I am Jamie Akin, I live in Durant. I just joined and my husband and I are just getting started! We were looking for advise, coaching, where to start, etc. If anyone has any info or good places to look that would be awesome. Our children are interested as well. I grew up in OKC, playing soccer, then moved down here from Tulsa. We are excited about Barefoot Running!

Jamie
  4. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Welcome, Jamie.  We're

Welcome, Jamie. We're putting together a map of barefoot running instructors, so hopefully, someone in your area will step up soon. In the meantime, we have lots of folks here who have lots of experience and can answer your questions.

5. Barefootpuffin Barefooters

Message Count:
    Barefoot TJ wrote:Welcome,

Well said Tj.

Jamie, While I may not have the experience of some of the other barefooters here on the forum, and I am definitely not a certified instructor. I do currently reside in Lawton, Oklahoma and I will be relocating to Tulsa within the year with my wife. I've been running barefoot for almost 7 months now, and I have learned alot. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a message.