[Jun 24, 2012] DC Naked Foot 5K (Chevy Chase, MD)

NYAB

Chapter Presidents
Jan 18, 2011
Manassas Park, VA
The Event: This isn't just your typical 5K. We have partnered with the national charity Soles4Souls and local charity Teens Run D.C. and encourage runners to bring a pair of shoes to donate and challenge them to run barefoot (although completely optional)! We will be hosting a mini healthy living expo and clinics before the event on how to "run like you are barefoot" with well known runners and authors.

The Course: This is no boring road race. We do not reveal the course until race day but be prepared for a cross country-like adventurous course!

The Extras: We have lots of FREE fun events set up for the entire family including a FREE kids 1K race, "foot painting", foot massages, live music, a raffle for a chance to win amazing prizes, a shoe kicking contest, and more!

Bare Life mini-expo: A festival for everything that represents an active, healthy and natural lifestyle. - Try on, demo, and discounts on purchasing Minimalist footwear - Sample organic and/or natural foods and beverages - Green and eco-friendly products, businesses, and services - Holistic medical products, services, and businesses - Accessories, apparel and gear for an active lifestyle - Demos and booths by alternative fitness and lifestyle practices: Paleo, cross-fit, yoga, ChiRunning/walking, parqour, mov-nat, Flow Running, and more. - Clinics by athletes, authors, and professionals on minimalist/natural running, nutrition, and more! - Post event festival with kids activities, foot massages, games, and live music.

Hi NYAB, good to hear from you again. I added a link to this calendar event for you in the DC and MD Chapters, so if you could, please do this for me in the future. We are working on linking the calendar events to the appropriate chapters and getting the chapters to email their members whenever a thread is created there, so we have to do a little manual work until all of that is in place. In the meantime, if you would like a list of your members' email addresses, so you can notify them of this event, please email me at [email protected], and I will email it to you. Also, do you have a IBRD planned for this year? Your last year's event was a great success. We'd like to see that again. Be sure the check out the IBRD link above for more info. That member email list will come in handy for this too. Thanks! -TJ

Hi NYAB,

I second TJ's welcome back.

Any chance on getting a DC/MD/VA event for IBRD together? If yes, see link in my signature below.

Cheers
Paleo

NYAB has the contact info for those three chapters, so I think he is planning on doing something in that general area.