I've joined the sheeple

C. Beth Run.

Barefooters
Jul 6, 2010
Okay, I guess barefoot/minimalist runners can't be called "sheeple," :) but I've joined the ranks of VFF wearers. I was near an REI today and stopped in to try them on. I was lucky; they had my size (KSOs). I liked them so much more than I thought I would! I'm looking forward to running in them.

My ZEMs were not holding well, so I'm glad these should last me through the winter and way beyond.

The picture isn't showing up,

The picture isn't showing up, Beth. Can you fix it?

Between the new hair avitar

Between the new hair avitar and the Vibrams, the only thing I recognize here is the ceramic tile!

It's showing up for me TJ.

It's showing up for me TJ.

Well, apparently Board sees

Well, apparently Board sees it, but it's disappeared; then again, he posted at the same time I did, so that might be why I couldn't see it. But I still can't see it.

I still see it, and it's

I still see it, and it's DEFINITLY her floor.

Ha ha, Board! Yep, if you

Ha ha, Board! Yep, if you want to find me, you just have to visit every house in Texas until you find that tile....

I'm seeing it too. TJ, you're not on a computer that blocks Photobucket, are you? Anyway, it's just my feet in black KSOs. Oh, and my tile too. ;)

It shows up now.  It must

It shows up now. It must have corrupted my cache when Board accessed the thread a millisecond before I did.

So far I like mine. Was a

So far I like mine. Was a little bummed I could only get them in the black since my feet are so small. They look like teeny tiny gorilla feet on me.

Ha ha ha, zap, now I'm going

Ha ha ha, zap, now I'm going to totally be thinking of gorilla feet when I'm wearing mine. Fantastic. ;-)

I tried them at REI last week

I tried them at REI last week and didn't find them as comfortable as barefoot...duh. So I didn't buy them. I told my husband about it and the next day he went to REI and bought himself a pair...using my 20% off coupon!!!!

I so want to run really barefoot until I have enough experience to keep good forms with minimal shoes. But it's getting cold. I htink I will experiment with homemade options before taking the plunge. Maybe I'll have another coupon by then.

I'm glad they work for you Beth and J.

jschwab--No, they're KSOs. I

jschwab--No, they're KSOs. I don't think they had ANY Bikilas in stock.

Abide--Yeah--it recommends starting with 1-2 hours per day and gradually increasing. Of course, I'm barefoot most of the time (around my house) anyway, and my feet have adjusted well to BFR/MR, so I'm not too worried. :)

sloutre--Hey, I'm suddenly making the connection...sloutre/Steph. I'm a little slow. :) Anyway, I agree, definitely not as comfy as BF. But I think they're a good minimalist option, and I'm particularly attracted to how rugged they are. Hopefully I'll get 1000 miles out of them like others do. (That'll take me awhile!)

zap--Ha ha, thanks. I'm hesitant to wear my BRS shirt if I'm not BF though. Anyone else have that hesitation?

No one should be ashamed of

No one should be ashamed of wearing their BRS shirt at anytime. Wear it with pride. I've been thinking about this very thing lately. Should Barefoot Ted change his nick name to Sometimes Barefoot Ted? I don't think so. He's earned it, and no matter what he puts on his feet or how often, he will always be Barefoot Ted to me.

I just hobbled to the car to pick my littlest one up from preschool wearing a Barefoot Ken Bob shirt and Crocs because they really help with the pain from PF (PF loves cushioning). Should I be embarrased? Oh hell no! And when I am running in my huaraches later (if I can ever run again), I will proudly wear my BRS shirt too.

Good advice, TJ; thanks!

Good advice, TJ; thanks!

Glad you like them! I am

Glad you like them! I am wondering if I should buy another pair for what passes for winter running around here. My classics held up forever!

I like them!The first run

I like them!

The first run I wore them on was my longest run yet, 9 miles, and I did have a bit of chafing where one seam is. Since then, I've put some cool 3M medical tape on the chafed spot when wearing them, and that works well. I hope the seam will "soften" as I wear them more.

I ordered 2 pairs of Ininjis including these fun striped ones:

51Fb2ywZIVL._AA300_.jpg

I'm still on the fence about the separated toes on the Vibrams. I didn't think I'd like them, but I'm finding that they're kind of...cozy. I just don't like that when my feet get really warm (we're having a very warm October), the Vibrams are a pretty warm shoe, and I suppose the separated toes probably make them even warmer.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts