is there any kind of shoe modifiers?

narrowtoeboxisstupid

Barefooters
Sep 17, 2014
i wanted to go to the army but i don't want to wear those boots lol (i'm a little extreme about shoes and barefoot)

is there any kind of stuff to make the boots wider so that my feet wouldn't suffer?

i tried these
131398732_2.jpg

but they left no room for my feet lol

i have a little bit of bunions and i hate it

thanks for your time

I ran into the same thing (I wear a 9 EEEE shoe...). Just ask for one size wider than you'd normally wear - Ask for an E or Wide if you normally wear a standard width shoe.

They did a decent job in sizing our dress hoes, but my workboots ended up being a 10 XX Wide because they didn't have a 9 EEEE, but after basic, I was able to buy my own that met military spec, but actually fit properly (RedWing).

Best bet would be to find your nearest RedWing dealer and talk to them. They'll know how to fit your foot and may even know which of their boots/shoes meet MilSpec for use while in uniform and for which branch. - http://www.redwingshoes.com/

Also, I do know that some of the branches have been allowing minimal footwear for post-basic training. You'd have to check the recruiting offices for each branch to know for certain.

Best bet would be to find your nearest RedWing dealer and talk to them. They'll know how to fit your foot and may even know which of their boots/shoes meet MilSpec for use while in uniform and for which branch. - http://www.redwingshoes.com/

Also, I do know that some of the branches have been allowing minimal footwear for post-basic training. You'd have to check the recruiting offices for each branch to know for certain.

ok thanks i'm going to see the link

yep but only for training isnt it? i dont wanna wear narrow boots even for 1 hour

I know both the Navy an Air Force were reviewing VFF's as acceptable PT footwear. I don't know if they approved them or not or if any of the other branches did either. You would have to do a little research to find out what the current decisions are regarding them.

Army has banned them, period, NTBIS. And you have to wear Army issue in basic training, not your own excellent alternative, no matter how excellent.
what a pain

maybe with some metal that stretches the boot in the toes zone, thats was my idea, to force the boot to respect your anatomy, because some stupid shoemaker doent know NOTHING about human anatomy

that make me angry,well that or conspiracy, i think that would be much more logical, if people TRULY, i mean TRULY would want to make good shoes and make everyone healthy they would create shoes with wide toe box

the same they can build a rocket and go to moon, make pieces of engeneering very advanced etc

and in that case the next step is to brainwash people to use shoes that deforms feet, thats relativately easy

Reactions: Phil Hart
I think you have the only option in finding a mechanical tool of some sort that stretches the ball-of-the-foot area of the boots, but I don't know how quick something like that would work, or if you could pull off getting them shined well if the leather got stretched enough to damage the surface. I don't want to try to talk you out of serving, just educate you as well as I can on the obstacles you'll have to overcome for at least 8 weeks. The Army Special Forces guys can largely wear whatever they want, and they are recruiting heavily right now. But you still have to get through Basic Training. And then the grueling year-long Qualification (Q) course, assuming you make it through the 2-week Selection course first. And you have to learn a language fairly fluently. Cakewalk other than that.

I think you have the only option in finding a mechanical tool of some sort that stretches the ball-of-the-foot area of the boots, but I don't know how quick something like that would work, or if you could pull off getting them shined well if the leather got stretched enough to damage the surface. I don't want to try to talk you out of serving, just educate you as well as I can on the obstacles you'll have to overcome for at least 8 weeks. The Army Special Forces guys can largely wear whatever they want, and they are recruiting heavily right now. But you still have to get through Basic Training. And then the grueling year-long Qualification (Q) course, assuming you make it through the 2-week Selection course first. And you have to learn a language fairly fluently. Cakewalk other than that.
thank you very much Phil, that information was really helpful

yes, i found something but the things ive found for now doesnt work, they stretch but dont let space for my feet

army special forces can wear customized shoes? didnt know that thanks

Reactions: Phil Hart

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo9090