Invisible shoe - Huaraches.

Barefoot Gentile

Barefooters
Apr 5, 2010
Fairfield, CT
I have to say I am not digging them. I have yet to run in them but as far as walking around they are annoying and loud as all heck. Plus I can never leave things alone, and decided to cut more off the front, but found out you need some room, so now my long second toe hangs over the end slightly.

Yeah they drove me nuts at

Yeah they drove me nuts at first, that is why I used strapping with a tension lock and I have it held down at 5 points rather than the typical 3. I really like them now.

I'm getting ready to make my

I'm getting ready to make my kit from invisible shoes. Abide, is the 5-point the same as what SillyC recommends. Do you have pictures or video to show me how to do this?

No I actually have it connect

No I actually have it connect to the sole at 5 places. One between the toe and the two by the heel and then I have one directly behind and next to the ball on one side and the other is next to and a little back from my pinky toe.

I don't run in them so this may be too many points for running? I'm not sure.

Oh yeah I am cameraless currently so I will get them up as soon as I can.

I bought it just before I got

I bought it just before I got ill/injuried, then since I couldn't run, I never bothered to put it together.

SillyC, could you please

SillyC, could you please relink me to the instructions for tying, so I don't have to hunt? Thanks.

TJ,Just look down the page

TJ,

Just look down the page for the Thread titled "winter huaraches", there is a link for the method your interested in. I also posted so pics of my alternative to the alternative!

My hubby and I made my

My hubby and I made my huaraches tonight, and they suck! I hate them. I want to love them. I really, really do. Somebody help me love them. I tried the slip-on method following the video, but I can't stand the way the knot feels under my toes, I don't care if he says you can't feel the knot. You can feel the knot. Also, after I walked just a little bit in them, I knew I had to loosen them up because they were rubbing between my toes. So we did that. What a bi!tch! Because I have the black laces, it's difficult to see where the path was, then trying to run them backwards just enough to add some length but not too much to make them too loose. We made them too loose. Then we had to tighten them up again. What a b!tch! Then I took them out for a "run," and the knot was miserable and the things kept rubbing between my toes, and that was with Injingi socks. I took them off after four houses and stuffed them in my sports bra, and finished my run barefoot. That was about 9:30 tonight. Anywho, did I mention they're a b!tch? Some support here please, people. I want to love them. I know lots of you love them and have much success with them. That's what I want. :love:

I don't say these things to turn anyone off of them, because so many people have great luck with them. I just didn't. I'm sure they are good products. I just don't appreciate the frustration that comes with making them.

Silly, did you say previously that you are using deer skin laces?

Duke, thanks for the alternative tying method. I am definitely going to try that because I WANT TO LOVE THEM! You really should share that with Ted and Steven. Spread the love around. Those guys don't know what they're missing out on.

TJ, don't know if you've seen

TJ, don't know if you've seen this tying method, but it works for me: www.youtube.com/watch

I made huarches last spring and they sat in a closet for months because they weren't comfortable to wear. Then I found this method and they're great now. I even run in them now, although I'm still trying to get used to the slap, slap sound that they make.

Thank, Miqie.  That seemed

Thank, Miqie. That seemed pretty simple and straight forward, not that the other tying methods aren't; it's just hard to see what you're doing with black lacing. I can try this, and if that doesn't work, I can try Dukes. By the time I'm done with them, they will have holes punched all the way around them. Hee.

I can't believe you can feel

I can't believe you can feel the knot. Take a lighter and get the lace pretty hot close to burning then take a hammer and flatten the knot. It'll flatten by itself overtime too.

Edit: Or you can always punch a hole about 1/4 inch in front of the other one and loop it so there isn't a knot under the sole.

No but then the knot will be

No but then the knot will be between my toes. And yes, I can feel it underneath, big time.

Come again?

Come again?

TJ - I've had to redo my

TJ - I've had to redo my knots, and I feel them for about 10 miles. Then they flatten out and become unnoticable.

I am using the nylon laces provided by invisibleshoe.

Keep playing with the laces. Eventually, you may figure out a way that works well on your feet. I'll admit I still don't like these as much as barefoot. But for the most part, they don't bother me.

To ANYONE who gets Invisible

To ANYONE who gets Invisible Shoes and is having any sort of issue: CALL US. Or email, or send a smoke signal, or something that gets to us directly. Try as we might to monitor every thread, we'll miss some (or come late to the party).

We haven't run into to an unsolveable issue yet (and get very few complaints to begin with, which is one reason we have time to work with the people who have them).

In a nutshell: Adam -- if your huaraches don't fit, then we'll re-make them. We've only had one pair so far that didn't fit correctly, and that was due to an error resizing a faxed foot tracing. Unless we did something like that with you, we'll have to see where the glitch is and fix it (it could only be one of two things: the hole in in the wrong place or you've tightened the heel strap too much).

BTW, regarding "slapping"... huaraches don't slap on their own, and the slapping is actually a good thing: it's a training tool that's pointing out something important about form. See www.InvisibleShoe.com/slap for a rambling response about that.

TJ -- If the knot bothers you, try either making the tiny knot shown at the top of www.InvisibleShoe.com/tying. If *that* one still bothers you, try one of the non-knot tying methods on that same page or that others here have pointed you to.

Another thing to try, even with the tiny knot: heat it up and squish it with a pliers.

Over time, not only does the knot flatten, but the rubber molds around it a bit... it should become unnoticeable. From what you say, I wonder if, perhaps, the toe hole is out of place (I'd need a picture to determine that).

A quick warning to anyone who replies to this: I'm on the road all day tomorrow and catching up from being away at a trade show on Sunday... so I may not be able to respond until Monday.

But, as always, feel free to email directly, or call, or use a homing pidgeon or whatever else will get directly to our office.

-Steven

Barefoot TJ wrote:Come

Barefoot TJ said:
Come again?

Its hard to explain but if you have two holes pull through enough to have about 2 feet sticking out of the topof each toe hole. Then one can go back to the right side and one to the left. Then around the ankle and you can tie the knot in front there. I haven't tried it yet but it might work. Or like IS said it will flatten over time.