invisible shoe alternative-alt tie method

Humboldt-explorer

Many folks that don't like thong style lacing has probably seen alternative method instructions on you tube. One popular video was done by SONJAbean. I liked SONJAbean's method, but I finished things off with a bit of a cleaner look. So it is another choice to finish off the alternative tying method. I did my own video to show how I fiinshed it off differently. Pardon me this is really my first video. I prefer my video to be complimentary to SONJAbean. So you can choose either style lacing, but still rely on SONJAbean for full directions on where to place lace holes, etc. If your not familar with SONJAbean I have linked her video under my video description notes.......

Here is my first video if you would like to see how I altered the finishing off of the lace. Stays on your foot wonderfully for both trail running, and hiking !

I'll include SONJAbean video here as well.

I'm so glad you put this

I'm so glad you put this together for everyone, HE. I think it's really neat. That white cord you are using there, is that a bungee type cord?

No it is just the standard

No it is just the standard lace sold through invisible shoe. That lace material works just fine for me.

If folks are not sure where to put lace holes. Please refer to the SONJAbean video. As noted my method only uses 2 holes back at heel, and two holes at forefoot. You don't need the two middle holes that SONJAbean included to finish it off.

As with any other tie method you may have to play a little to get lace tightness correct.

I have the two front holes on

I have the two front holes on either side (4 total on each flat). I wonder if I had only two would it wear the lacing as much. Hmmmm.

I never was fan of the

I never was fan of the huaraches by invisible shoe. I went all out and got the Lunas, which are 100% better, but I did lace the invisible huarache with the equus leather elastic laces, and they work really well. No floppage and a very tight hold to the foot.

Abide wrote:Adam G. wrote:I

Abide said:
Adam G. said:
I never was fan of the huaraches by invisible shoe. I went all out and got the Lunas, which are 100% better

What's better about them?

The 6mm vibram material, instead of the 4mm. The leather footbed makes a huge difference as well, after awhile your foot molds into the leather. To top it off the leather elastic laces are amazing. I got the 5/8" instead of the 1/2" for the extra hold.

Some people prefer the 4mm

Some people prefer the 4mm compared to the 6mm though.

I can see a positive in the Lunas over the Invisible Shoes though; the footbed with the Lunas probably doesn't create blisters due to shearing. Is this correct, Adam? The IS huaraches are a bit abrasive, and you have to be cautious of how your foot moves in/above them. If you are not, you will develop blisters from the friction of the abrasive surface.

I have not had problems with

I have not had problems with IS friction on sole material. I'm running on trails in a Redwood forest with very steep hills, lots of up and down terrain, sticks, gravel, uneven trail terrain, etc. So lots of variety in foot movement. Again the cherry is no problem on my skin. I love the 4mm for all the ground feel ! I sort of understand that it could be too much ground feel for the soft skinned type. I could never imagine using more then 4mm.

The leather molding to the foot on a luna just reminds me way too much of insole cushion. Not a good thing in my book.