International Barefoot Running Day

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by miker, Feb 14, 2011.

1. miker Chapter Presidents

Message Count:
    Hey All,

The only run I can find in Oklahoma on May 1 is the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon. So, if we're going to have a run in Oklahoma that day, OKC is where we will need to be.

So...what distance to you want to run? There is the full marathon, marathon relay, 1/2 marathon and a 5K fun run/walk. They actually refer to the 5K as a walk until you get more into the details and then they call it a fun run/walk. I suppose we could do the full marathon relay as a team. We would need 5 runners. 2 runners run 3.1 and the other 3 run 6-7 miles each.

I'm thinking we should probably do the 5K, although I would like to run the 1/2. I think my feet will be in shape for the 1/2 by then. But for more impact, it might be better if we ran together as a group in the 5K. Or we could run the 1/2 together. Or the relay as a team. Or not?

So give me some feedback (please?). Remember, minimal shoes work as well.

Who's up for a run?? :)
  2. oceanseve Barefooters

Message Count:
    I was already thinking about the half, tho I'm not sure I'll be doing the entire thing barefoot. My max barefoot is 6-9miles right now. I'd be upfor a relay. If we can find more people