Interesting Australian article about BFR

http://www.theage.com.au/national/barefoot-runners-sock-it-to-sport-shoes-20100403-rkw9.html

The REALLY interesting part... read the last line about Asics.
regular_smile.gif

Reactions: Sid
 Shoe manufacturer ASICS

Shoe manufacturer ASICS Australia spokesman Jay Choma said that he did not recommend running barefoot.

Dirty bastages...I thought I paid them off already!

Ha, hysterical!

Ha, hysterical!

It just great to know we are

It just great to know we are thought of so highly down here in Australia Tikiman.

It is true, Australia is such an advanced civilisation that we have advanced well beyond the shoe into an enlightened age of Bare footedness.

Keep your eyes peeled for Australia to become the first International Chapter.

Yours truly is spreading the word. I have been in training and am running the Bush Capital 60km Ultra Marathon in 10 weeks time in my VFF.

As VFF look a lot like a shoe i will stand out as an interesting runner with something on my feet.

Ha.

Happy running my friends.

FTA: "The Australian

FTA:

"The Australian Sporting Goods Association estimates that in the past year, Australians spent $365 million on running shoes.

Shoe manufacturer ASICS Australia spokesman Jay Choma said that he did not recommend running barefoot."

Classic! I may make that my sig line :evil:

" ah.. well.. ah George.. If

" ah.. well.. ah George.. If you run barefoot.... ahhhhh.... then you .... ah ...won't be buying our shoes..... .so....................................."

Tiki meant no offense,

Tiki meant no offense, Cozzie. Right, Tiki? We love our upside down breathren, don't we? How do Australians take to our love-name "Auzzie" for them, Cozzie? Do they like it or not?

why even put the asics thing

why even put the asics thing in there? it was soo out of place. it's like every news report on barefoot running that i have seen has to have a two second blurb from a podiatrist saying they dont think it's a good idea but the other 5 minutes of the report are for it. why put that in there? i dont get it.

I love the term Barefoot

I love the term Barefoot shoes!! Costing up to $ 200!!

i DO NOT THINK i WILL BE spending that much money on shoes to Feel like I am running BF LOLOLOL

Barefoot TJ wrote:Tiki meant

Barefoot TJ said:
Tiki meant no offense, Cozzie. Right, Tiki? We love our upside down breathren, don't we? How do Australians take to our love-name "Auzzie" for them, Cozzie? Do they like it or not?

We call ourselves Auzzie but spell it Aussie. But as a friend you can call us what you like.

Come on Aussie! :)

So we can call you Cozzie the

So we can call you Cozzie the Aussie then? Hee. ;-)

Perfect. 

Perfect. :cool: