i bought sockwa and im very dissapointed

narrowtoeboxisstupid

Barefooters
Sep 17, 2014
they called "shoe for people who rather go barefoot" "sockwa = socks with attitude"
but honestly thats a bunch of bullsh!t

the shoes are very cheap, they are beautiful too
but the narrow toe box is horrible

they are so narrow at the toe box, just like the rest of modern shoes, how the f*** is that supposed to be a "sock with attitute"? a "shoe that fits like a sock"?? thats not true, in fact is the opposite

im mad because i was deceived by their misleading propaganda, the socks alike shoe etc

i dont know how many shoe makers can be so dumb, sockwa are proud of having "the thiniest sole on the planet"
but thats not the base!! the base is having a wide narroe toe box, just like the TRUE barefoot style!!

how is a restrinctive narrow toe box is supposed to be like going barefoot or with a sock??! it isnt!

the 1º benefit of going barefoot is avoiding inward-turned toes, bunions etc that are caused by narrow toe box
thats the 1º and most important thing!! how thin is the sole is impotant but is secondary and not a base!

narrow toe box is like the base of a house and thin sole is like the house, no base = the house will collapse due to the weak base in which the house is constructed

why its so difficult to understand such a simple concept??? i dont know how many shoe makers can make such an easy and silly and stupid mistake!

look at the photo i did of the sole, loos at the shape! what is that??? look how twisted the big toe is wtf? even in the shape of the sole you can see it
hx21ky.png

how is that supposed to be barefoot?

sorry about the billis ive expelled but that thing make me mad, also i wont use them i aprecciate my toes and dont want to bend them, also i expended 70$ in sockwa, also i want to clarify that they are just like the rest of the modern shoes, my nike had a similar toe box, but at least nike didn't claimed to fit like a sock or be barefoot! (not like nike free which is stupid too, narrow toe box and supposedly barefoot, another bullsh!t!)
%28Left%29_%28B%29_Adult_foot_that_has_never_worn_shoes%2C_%28Right%29_%28A%29_Foot_of_a_boy_who_has_worn_shoes_for_just_a_few_weeks._Plaster_casts.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barefoot#Health_implications

Hi,

I love my Sockwas, but we have had a few people like you that have posted here that they are too narrow.

Sockwa are very good at customer service though and I am sure would be very happy to take them back and refund your payment if you don't like them.

The reason they don't have a wide toe box is that they would flap about (like duck feet.) They are supposed to be snug, but not too tight.

It sounds like your feet may be too well formed. I wish mine were too wide for Sockwa ;)

A somewhat harsh review. Did you read any of the threads on here before you ordered? Did you get the wrong size? They do tend to run small. Some models are more narrow than others, what model did you get?
Have you run in them? Mine are a little snug standing around, but not noticeable when running. Because of the thin sole though, you don't want too big or they flop around. I am not sure if the advertising was that misleading. I mean we all know that nothing is as good as barefoot.

I like them, I don't love them, but I think they are a good option when conditions are rough.

I have moved this thread to the Gear & Footwear forum with a redirect that will expire in one day.

Please refrain from typing curse words. BS goes a long way. Thank you.

Reactions: Bare Lee
There're my Sockwa again! I still have them :)

Hi,

I love my Sockwas, but we have had a few people like you that have posted here that they are too narrow.

Sockwa are very good at customer service though and I am sure would be very happy to take them back and refund your payment if you don't like them.

The reason they don't have a wide toe box is that they would flap about (like duck feet.) They are supposed to be snug, but not too tight.

It sounds like your feet may be too well formed. I wish mine were too wide for Sockwa ;)

i dont know, they need to change the entire shoe then,

barefoot = wide toe box

"barefoot shoe" with narrow toe box = opposing to barefoot

A somewhat harsh review. Did you read any of the threads on here before you ordered? Did you get the wrong size? They do tend to run small. Some models are more narrow than others, what model did you get?
Have you run in them? Mine are a little snug standing around, but not noticeable when running. Because of the thin sole though, you don't want too big or they flop around. I am not sure if the advertising was that misleading. I mean we all know that nothing is as good as barefoot.

I like them, I don't love them, but I think they are a good option when conditions are rough.

no, didnt read anything before, "socks with attitude" "shoe that fits like a sock" is enough to make me believe that they are indeed like a true sock, which they are not

i get the model G Hi, and they telled me that older models were more narrow and i was like wtf?? (when i send them an email about how narrow fits after buying it)

yes barefoot running style indeed of course but WHILE in the toes HEEL style, i will avoid heel style

no men, they say fit like a sock barefoot style, as i exposed: barefoot style create healthy toes because of the space, narrow toe box is against barefoot style, is that simple

I have moved this thread to the Gear & Footwear forum with a redirect that will expire in one day.

Please refrain from typing curse words. BS goes a long way. Thank you.

why will expire? ok i will not say that anymore here but i dont know why its not a big word, im only complaining and BS is not great thing but ok

it will expire? if i erase the curse words will not expire?

Maybe you could put slits in the sides so your toes can poke through.:barefoot:

if they would be truly sock style they wouldnt need slits,

Several of us long-time minimalists warned Mr.Sockwa against having a conventionally shaped toebox. He decided to ignore us. Fuq Sockwa. Get Altra Adams if you can find them. Up-size them by one to accommodate the winter sock-layer.

NTBIS, no, the thread won't be expired or removed. The redirect expires, not the thread. What happens is when we move a thread from one forum to another, we can let it sit in its original forum for as long as we want as well. We choose one day to give the author the chance to find it at its new location.

barefoot = wide toe box

barefoot =barefoot (no toe box)

try some sandals although you might not want zero shoes because they are "better than barefoot" according to their marketing.

He decided to ignore us. Fuq Sockwa.

That's mature. How about a discussion instead of a rant. Of course all of the shoe companies are going to ignore us. They are going to make something that sells, not go out of business to try to cater to the few barefoot people with wide feet. Altra Adams are as obsolete as my VFF ksos, you might find some in an antique store. Besides, that sole was way to thick and stiff. Altra has gone the other direction and will most likely never make a min shoe again.

Back to Sockwa, I had great customer service from them.

Several of us long-time minimalists warned Mr.Sockwa against having a conventionally shaped toebox. He decided to ignore us. Fuq Sockwa. Get Altra Adams if you can find them. Up-size them by one to accommodate the winter sock-layer.

so true bro, i have Altra, Altra is awesome, very healthy feet due to the wide toe box

NTBIS, no, the thread won't be expired or removed. The redirect expires, not the thread. What happens is when we move a thread from one forum to another, we can let it sit in its original forum for as long as we want as well. We choose one day to give the author the chance to find it at its new location.

oh ok thought it was going to be removed my english is a little bad yet thanks for the info

barefoot =barefoot (no toe box)

try some sandals although you might not want zero shoes because they are "better than barefoot" according to their marketing.

That's mature. How about a discussion instead of a rant. Of course all of the shoe companies are going to ignore us. They are going to make something that sells, not go out of business to try to cater to the few barefoot people with wide feet. Altra Adams are as obsolete as my VFF ksos, you might find some in an antique store. Besides, that sole was way to thick and stiff. Altra has gone the other direction and will most likely never make a min shoe again.

Back to Sockwa, I had great customer service from them.

barefoot style, i was refering obviously to barefoot style not barefoot

what is zero shoes?

this is a critic obviously, i am very dissapointed and if they will ignore us they will pay the price of not selling nothing! because they make barefoot alike shoes for people who like barefoot like us not to the normal public thats obvious too, people who dont care about barefoot style would buy nike, adidas etc and not sockwa obviously

customer service is not important, is ridiculously important, like a good roof in an abandoned destroyed house build on sand

Altra is great, more barefoot style than sockwa even with the great amount of padding because of the wide TRUE barefoot style toe box, that is like the foundation or base of a house

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
I think we're just talking about preferences here. There isn't ever going to be one shoe that fits all foot types. I use Sockwa G4s in the winter, and I absolutely love the thin sole--I can feel every crevice and contour of the compacted snow and yet it's enough insulation, sometimes with a smartwool sock, to protect me from really cold temps. And I have never felt the toe box to squish my feet; the fabric is too thin to have any influence on my toe splay. A BRS friend gave me his ALtra Adams and I didn't like them. The hard rubber from the upturned sole actually rubbed my pinky toes, if I remember correctly, and the sole was way too thick for my liking. So it's just preferences. Given the fact that we will need to return shoes until we find the model that suits each of us best, customer service is critical, it seems to me.

I had the amphibians which I found to be a bit narrow, but they supposedly improved that and I liked them enough to buy the G3 which were much wider and a I really liked them. I picked up the X8 during a sale and have found them to be rather tight, but for me still doable as a gym shoe although it took some getting used to. I think they are on to G4, which I hope still have the wider toe box of the G3. If you have the X8 you may see if you can exchange the, for the G4

They are expensive for what they are (especially with what they charge for shipping), however mine have lasted for 2+ years and still going with pretty regular use. I would have though the soles would have worn through, but I haven't seen that happen yet ( I had the amphibians for over three years) They also have decent sales every so often if you are on their mailing list.

I think we're just talking about preferences here. There isn't ever going to be one shoe that fits all foot types. I use Sockwa G4s in the winter, and I absolutely love the thin sole--I can feel every crevice and contour of the compacted snow and yet it's enough insulation, sometimes with a smartwool sock, to protect me from really cold temps. And I have never felt the toe box to squish my feet; the fabric is too thin to have any influence on my toe splay. A BRS friend gave me his ALtra Adams and I didn't like them. The hard rubber from the upturned sole actually rubbed my pinky toes, if I remember correctly, and the sole was way too thick for my liking. So it's just preferences. Given the fact that we will need to return shoes until we find the model that suits each of us best, customer service is critical, it seems to me.

can be acceptable toe box for you but i dont know, for me it bends my big toe, its not painful, but nike adidas bend the toes and its not painful but it slowly creates unhealthy feet and bunions, as i said it slighty bends the big toe, only a little, just like the majority of the rest of the shoes, and thats unnacceptable for a shoe who claims to fit like a sock and to be barefoot style;)

maybe you have narrow feet type¿ maybe you have bended toe and didnt noticed? maybe you ordered a bigger size than your feet? i dont know but they are narrow indeed, look at the evidence:
hx21ky.png

look at the shape men, look at the big toe, look the position, its NOT barefoot style obviously, thats the evidence
and the fabric is not too thin to bend the toe, of course it bend the big toe, not very much like a heel but it bends the big toe, just like the normal running shoes, the nikes etc etc

but as i repeat you dont notice, its not painfull, my nikes werent painful either, but its certainly anti-barefoot and with a lot of use creates unhealthy toes like all of the rest of the normal shoes

and customer service can be important, but is secondary, the base is the product, you cant compare the importance of the product with the customer service

also altra has true barefoot style shape, wide toe box is much more important for healthy feet than how thin the sole is

I had the amphibians which I found to be a bit narrow, but they supposedly improved that and I liked them enough to buy the G3 which were much wider and a I really liked them. I picked up the X8 during a sale and have found them to be rather tight, but for me still doable as a gym shoe although it took some getting used to. I think they are on to G4, which I hope still have the wider toe box of the G3. If you have the X8 you may see if you can exchange the, for the G4

They are expensive for what they are (especially with what they charge for shipping), however mine have lasted for 2+ years and still going with pretty regular use. I would have though the soles would have worn through, but I haven't seen that happen yet ( I had the amphibians for over three years) They also have decent sales every so often if you are on their mailing list.

i have the G-hi, new model (the photo is the G-hi model)

i disagree with the price, i think sockwa is cheap, my nikes, adidas etc costed 2 or 3 times more haha