I am kind of hearting the Bikilas

jschwab

Barefooters
Jun 16, 2010
I have never done well with VFF's - me and them just don't mix. I had seen men's Bikilas and didn't pay much attention. I tried on a pair of women's and was very impressed. My main beef with VFF's is the molded arch and the Bikila's are much flatter and the sole is much wider. The pair I tried on was one size too big, though, so I didn't buy.

Anyone have anything to say about their Bikila's? I am particularly interested in traction, because my main motivation is a mud run I have coming up.

What size do you think you

What size do you think you wear in Bikilas, JSchwab? I have a new pair for sale. I've only run in them for short, short distances three times, like maybe 1/2 mile on one of them.

I would have liked them, maybe, if they fit. I'm not sure I like the shoeness of them though, being the part that goes around the ankle. It's kinda thick there. Did you notice that when you were trying them on at the store. They felt more shoe-like than their previous versions, but hey, a lot of people really like them for road running, which they were designed for. If you're going to run trails, you might consider the Treks. They have more traction, grip, and are thicker, so you don't feel the rocks and stuff, which is kinda counter-intuitive to the whole "barefoot shoe" thinking. But they will always be better than the other shoe alternative, right?

I have some Biks and i wear

I have some Biks and i wear them for running a lot. Roads, trails, doesn't matter. They go great everywhere. I wear them to the gym as well. I didn't really get to try them in the mud because it stopped raining here when i got them and/or i was going barefoot.

I have huaraches that i where everyday. I had a pair of ksos that i wore to work. Can't do that anymore so i bought some driving mocs. I can say i don't like the ksos at all. i don't see why everyone is so in love with them. They are way too tight on me. When i got my Biks i couldn't even get them on. I wanted to cry. They fit fine now. I miss my sprints. Those were great and i would wear those everywhere.

I'm tired now and can't think of more to add. sorry.

Mike

I actually love the kso's for

I actually love the kso's for road running. I love just plain barefoot for gravel and nature trails. Barefoot on pavement aggravates my possible MN. The kso's seem to not bother that any at all. At least I don't feel it after a run. I'd rather do barefoot, but the pain in bottom of right foot is too much. It works for me.

I have the men's size 42

I have the men's size 42 which is simi-equal to a size 42 in women's as well according to Justin Owens at Birthday Shoes. They are grey with red in toe webbing. See I have a pair of 41 Sprints. I wanted one size up for extra room. That would be the 42 in women's. Justin said the men's 42 is right between a woman's 41 and a woman's 42, but these are too big for me, so they would be too big for you too. Sorry

Thanks for offering, TJ. I

Thanks for offering, TJ. I wouldn't mind buying from a forumite. I am not totally sold - I want to try them on. But they are just so much better for me than the KSO's. i actually like the heel being more like a regular running shoes - I never like the tightening strap. I still am bothered by the fact that I could not really bend my toes, but they would not be for every day.

Hi there,You are welcome to

Hi there,

You are welcome to try mine...they are size 40. They do have some wear on them, and the inside looks dirty but is not...it's paint that I accidentally tracked through and then wore them!

My main complaint is that they aggravate my slight Morton's toe after about 4-5 miles. I like them, though, in general...they are thicker but they still have that Vibram feel to them. I was asking for offers on Birthdayshoe but if you want them, I'll send them, and if you like them we can decide on a fair price if that sounds okay to you.

feel free to email me at bethbirk at g mail dot com.

--Beth (Chickpastor)

They're machine washable too.

They're machine washable too.

Oh yeah!  Thanks TJ, I have

Oh yeah! Thanks TJ, I have not washed them yet but would do so if that would be preferable!

Magenta! and orange.  The

Magenta! and orange. The colors are completely awesome and, if I'm being honest, what pushed me into buying the shoe. (GAH! Sue me, i'm a girl).

chickpastor wrote: Magenta!

chickpastor said:
Magenta! and orange. The colors are completely awesome and, if I'm being honest, what pushed me into buying the shoe. (GAH! Sue me, i'm a girl).

All right, I'm going for it!!! I'll PM you my address. Think about how much you want for them.

The Bikilas are amazing! I

The Bikilas are amazing! I started running in my VFF sprints (after saying bye bye to my "lame trainers") and loved those...but switching to the Bikilas was insanely awesome...they are so cushy and soft! They fit like a glove nice and smooth, the heel is much more comfortable in the bikila with soft padding. I run 4-5 times a week in them on any terrain with no problems. I now wear my srpints for daily wear. Note * for sizing I wear a size larger in the bikilas than I do in the "classics". And my Bikilas are the same size as my sprints. I used the measuring method off the VFF website and it worked well.

Yeah, the sizing is really

Yeah, the sizing is really different from other VFF's I have tried. KSO's were horrible for me, but these seem like they might work alot better.

Well, you didn't buy mine,

Well, you didn't buy mine, but at least you bought hers! Anyone else want to buy a pair of men's size 42 gray/red Bikilas? I'll pay for shipping and take a chunk off the original price... Anyone? Barely loved, ran in only 2 or 3 times and for less than a mile or mile and a half. Anyone?