How to keep feet dry when going sockless?

Supersco82

Barefooters
Jul 7, 2014
This is more of a question for those times when you have to wear shoes, like work or running errands. I've finally found a pair of athletic shoes that relieve my foot/leg pain, Merrel Bare Access Ultra's, but they only work without socks. If I wear socks (and I've tried everything I own as well as buying some non-slip 'yoga' socks), my feet slide around inside the shoe. My toes end up striking the front of the shoe, but worse, my calves ache by the end of the day from constantly working to stabilize with every step.

If I go sockless, I can wear these shoes for 12 hours and feel great, but there's just one problem...my feet sweat like crazy. I have tried some foot powders, but they just turned to a mushy paste after a few hours. Applying antiperspirant helps, but only for about half the day. After that they start to sweat pretty bad.

Does anyone have a foolproof way to keep your feet dry in athletic shoes?

Reactions: Sid
I've finally found a pair of athletic shoes that relieve my foot/leg pain, Merrel Bare Access Ultra's, but they only work without socks. If I wear socks (and I've tried everything I own as well as buying some non-slip 'yoga' socks), my feet slide around inside the shoe. My toes end up striking the front of the shoe, but worse, my calves ache by the end of the day from constantly working to stabilize with every step.

Does anyone have a foolproof way to keep your feet dry in athletic shoes?
I have the same problem - my feet will sweat more without socks. It seems my feet prefer having a thin, breathable layer between them and a non-breathable footbed. The only footwear I've owned that this doesn't happen with is my moccasins, but that's because of the natural fleece insoles they have.

If your feet are sliding around inside the shoes when you have socks on as much as you've described, then I would think your shoes are actually too big. I'd suggest trying a smaller size (or a 1/2 size smaller) to see if you still get the same "sliding around" effect.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts