How many have solved it

The problem is when pain doesn't go away or impairs functioning. Shoes and orthotics aren't necessarily bad, if one finds them comfortable. I'd imagine that many people can't go barefoot comfortably, due to being habitually shod.

I personally have had success rehabilitating my feet over the past 4 years, and can now run barefoot comfortably. I still have some aches and soreness in both big toes, due to having bunions, but they are vastly improved.

+1

I will never know how many of my little aches and pains here and there are from years of deforming my feet in shoes. Seriously, they are deformed (I have bunions too, and my toes can but don't generally splay like they should).

I would say be patient and do more for your body than just running. Do other activities that will have enough variety to make you limber and strong, with good posture in general.
Yes, and it may also take more investigation/targeted therapy, etc., as mentioned in the above posts.
Because there is so little consistent evidence on how to "reform" a body that has adapted to inappropriate footwear, there is a lot of trial and error and sample sizes of one.

Keep us updated!