How fast does the Grim Reaper walk?

This is for the geeks who enjoy reading published scientific literature about exercise and health (I must confess to being one, myself) ...

Finally! A team of clinical scientists determined the walking speed of the Grim Reaper. And guess what? He (it?) is reported to walk a leisurely pace of under 3 miles (5km) per hour, so fortunately, most of us BRS members are quite likely to outpace him.

The report was published this month in the BMJ, formerly the British Medical Journal. It's available to read on the website here (http://www.bmj.com/content/343/bmj.d7679). The article is cleverly written, as you might guess from the title, yet reports on a serious study about the relation between mobility and mortality. I especially like the picture in the middle of the article; both the Grim Reaper and the old man he's chasing are barefoot!

Very nice find!How do babies

Very nice find!

How do babies escape death?

Oh, I thought old people

Oh, I thought old people screamed cause they couldnt hear very good, I didnt realize they were trying to scare the grim reaper away...

lol the babies are the ones

lol the babies are the ones scaring them away since they can't run. Perhaps we should tell the old people who can't walk fast to start screaming more. Someday when I am old I will remember this. My future nursing home caretakers thank you.

Some day when you're older

Some day when you're older you better HOPE you remember this. Remember anything!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts