How did you find the BRS?

I met Rick Roeber when back in the USA and jumped into the Kansas City marathon in fall 2013 ... and I met this great guy bare footing the race. His winsome personality and a fun conversation led me to start thinking ... but the idea got shelved with the bustle of life. I pulled the idea off the shelf (the idea of moving to running just bare foot, instead of just occasionally) a few months ago. I think Ken Bob's site directed me to this great community.

Rick and Ken Bob are good peeps! :barefoot:

Reactions: Alejandro 10
I like to learn how (and why) people find us, so please share.

Google - I like to get "into new things" as others have mentioned, and found the site after searching for minimalist running forum...or something similar. While I haven't done any BF running for two years, and any minimalist running for a year, I still come here because the information is generally balanced, and helpful.

When Barefoot Ken Bob was in Peachtree, GA, for his 2010 summer tour, Barefoot TJ told me (and everyone else) about BFRS. I joined shortly after but have been inconsistent in visiting the site.
Did you come all the way from South Carolina to Peachtree City, Georgia, to meet Ken Bob...and of course me? Hee. ;)

I signed up here in 2010, but the traffic was lacking, so I kept posting in the RW forums until I somehow got banned from posting there. Still not sure what that was all about.

Now I'm sort of like a drifter, or a case of herpes, I kind of come and go at random... Like when a cat pisses on a rug, the smell is really never gone. Every once in awhile that awful scent sneaks up on you like a ninja and infiltrates your olfactory scenes with a force to be reckoned with!

I signed up here in 2010, but the traffic was lacking, so I kept posting in the RW forums until I somehow got banned from posting there. Still not sure what that was all about.

Now I'm sort of like a drifter, or a case of herpes, I kind of come and go at random... Like when a cat pisses on a rug, the smell is really never gone. Every once in awhile that awful scent sneaks up on you like a ninja and infiltrates your olfactory scenes with a force to be reckoned with!

I wasn't sure if I should click like to that.

I bought a pair of 'barefoot' running shoes kinda by accident - I usually run with normal stable running shoes. I felt the sensation of running closer to the road immediately and wanted to know more about the science and feedback from folks also doing it.
How did trying out new footwear bring you to the BRS?

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo9090