His first barefoot run was a 5k race!

Today was a beautiful day for the Lilac 5k and 10k races. My friend Jeff decided to run both races. When he got there he realized he had forgotten his shoes, so he thought ok I'll just run barefoot. Jeff is in his 50s and around 200 pounds and had never tried to run barefoot.
Here is his facebook report.
"Did the 5k barefoot. The 1/4 mile on Clintwood Drive that had just been resurfaced with a nice layer of crushed stone had me diving for the grassy area between the road and the parking areas along that road (no sidwalk there - it's an apartment complex). Feet felt very much like they did after a swim in Lake Ontario last Sept where I stopped to rest on some rocks and sliced my feel all up on zebra mussels. But, finished in 24:24 - I'll take it. However, there was no way I was going to be able to do the 10K after that barefoot. So, I put on some socks (white - when I started), and the 2 lb. Buckaroo Sandals I bought in Spencer Plaza, Chennai two years ago and slugged my way to a just-over 50 min finish. (Yes, I did beat Mary, but not Steph). Soaked my feet in an alcohol bath, put some Neosporin on the cuts and did the 2 mile Henrietta Memorial Day parade. I think Mary is lying about the bloody footprints :). I am not a convert to barefoot running."

I had a great run, the 10k course is BF friendly and the weather was perfect I wanted to break 50 min. and finished with 49' 52".

Well, at least he CAN wear a shirt that says "I forgot my shoes" on the back of it and not be lying like the rest of us.

Reactions: barefootn

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test