Hi from Scotland

Enso108

Barefooters
Feb 27, 2012
Scotland
Hi,
My name is Gary I'm originally from London England but I'm currently living in the beautiful far north of Scotland. I began running barefoot in March previous to that I was running half marathons on a regular basis but was suffering a recurring groin strain so decided to go barefoot and have only run in trainers once.
My goal was to run the Aviemore half barefoot in October but I've had heart issues for a while and my Doc recently told me I'll be getting a heart valve replacement next year so I've had to change my focus. So now I've just set myself a weekly target of 15 miles and that's what I'm aiming for to keep myself fit for the op, Aviemore half can wait for another year.
I'm pleased I changed to barefoot its helped just at the right time, it has slowed me down but I'm enjoying running more than ever before.
Thanks for reading,
Gary

Reactions: Stephanie
Welcome, Enso! Twisty is a new member from Scotland too. Say hello!

Hi Gary,
I used to live near Aviemore and guess I've run that course a bunch over the years but my wife dragged me to NYC 22 years ago.
Good luck with the heart valve replacement - a friend of mine had a hole in her heart fixed in early June and was recovered enough to get married this afternoon!
Welcome to the BRS!

Thanks for the welcome guys, I've been up in Scotland for 10 years and loving it, I just wish the sun would shine a bit more. :)
Gary