Hi from New Mexico

TariOronar

Barefooters
May 13, 2015
Hi! I'm a homeschooling mama of 4 (ages 9mo - 6 yrs) who just started barefoot running. I used to run fairly prolifically in high school, but then I stopped for some reason (even I don't know why I stopped). I've recently found myself really missing running. I came across barefoot running while researching running shoes. Since I hate shoes as it is, it wasn't hard to convince me that I didn't actually need them to run. So, all that to say, I've been barefoot running for less than a week, and loving it so far. Though I'm still worried about stepping on goat heads...

The Goat Heads hurt, no doubt. I used to step on them all the time when I lived in Southern California out in the hills and the canyons, barefoot, of course.

Quote of the Day: I came across barefoot running while researching running shoes. LOVES IT!!!! :barefoot:

Welcome!

Reactions: Phil Hart
Yeah, I've been concentrating on going slow, though at first I felt kinda silly turning around at the stop sign down the street. My goal is to be able to run a 5k by the end of August, so it's sounds like I'm not being too ambitious, and if I have to wait a bit longer to do so, I'll live. :)

I came across barefoot running while researching running shoes.

I was thinking, Tari, you should add that line to your signature, if you don't have another one in mind. ;)

Love your new signature, Tari!

Reactions: TariOronar