Hello from Lancashire, UK

Ultrun

Barefooters
Feb 24, 2014
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and barefoot. I've been moving in a more minimalist direction for a year or so now.

Up to running twice a week in Vivo barefoot 5-10 miles. I've just got some xero shoes and when the weather improves will be moving toward barefoot.

I just need to get over this Achilles tendonopthy...

I'm in the middle of marathon training but tend to be more of an ultra distance runner!

Glad to be on the forum.

Hello again!!

Good Morning Ultrarun

Great to see another member, I would love to do longer distances, I guess its just avalible time for me good luck with the barefooting, I'm just a novice also, I've been running for years and not really had too many issues. Started finding out about barefoot running a couple iof years ago, I use a number of options, Altra "zero drop" as a transition for my long runs, Sockwa G4 and VFF's for medium runs and true barefoot now upto 3 miles.

Frank

Welcome Ultrun.

Are you running in t'peak or on t'fells?

I think the average Marsden/Edale could be very challenging in Xeros - many bits would be easier barefoot!

I tend to run int' fells when I get the chance. I'd love to get to a stage where I could run in the lakes barefoot. I guess that dream will take a long time to realise. The xero shoes would be good on rocky stuff but not much use in the bogs

My name is more through necessity than design, I use Ultrun for my blog (other ultra running combos were taken!)

Reactions: Phil Hart
I remember when I was younger my parents would take me long walks in the Peak District, some great walks around Kinder Scout and Mam Tor.
A few years ago when I went back for a holiday I did a barefoot hike around Mam Tor and I got a constant stream of people asking if it hurt my feet. Of course it didn't as it was all spongy peat and nice stone pathways which were beautiful to walk on, I felt a bit sad for all the hikers in their big heavy hiking boots trampling out big grooves over the hills, bare feet are so much more forgiving to the ground.

Neil

Reactions: DNEchris and Sid
I remember when I was younger my parents would take me long walks in the Peak District, some great walks around Kinder Scout and Mam Tor.
A few years ago when I went back for a holiday I did a barefoot hike around Mam Tor and I got a constant stream of people asking if it hurt my feet. Of course it didn't as it was all spongy peat and nice stone pathways which were beautiful to walk on, I felt a bit sad for all the hikers in their big heavy hiking boots trampling out big grooves over the hills, bare feet are so much more forgiving to the ground.

Neil
I was wondering a while back how viable a barefoot attempt at the Edale Skyline would be. I should think it would be quite possible with the most awkward bit being between Lose Hill and just beyond Hollins Cross - the rest would be easier unshod most of the year!