Hello from Edison, New Jersey!

Drewwonu

Barefooters
Dec 10, 2012
Hello fellow barefoot runners! My name is Andrew and I'm from New Jersey. I have been an on an off runner for 2 months at a time for about 2 years. I have always been interested in running, but I've always felt that it was too hard. (and I was too lazy) After listening to Born To Run I decided to grab myself a pair of VFF and I have never turned back! My form has totally changed compared to running in my Asics 2140's. I also had a breakthrough with my mileage. I used to do couch to 5k, but this time I decided that I'm just goig to run. I decided to try to keep a breathing pattern (4/4) and I found that I could run much longer! Currently by best time and longest distance is 3.4 miles in 36.39!! (Which I am very proud of) I also have a pair of Brooks Cadence

Welcome! Cute doggie.

Welcome. I run with my 3 German Shepherd Dogs. Do you get into dog agility at all? I belong to an agility club where one guy runs his two Goldens barefoot. Even though I ran barefoot with my dogs - I am not sure I am ready for agility barefoot!

Ronnie.

Not sure what you mean by agility. Kind of new to running.

Hi - dog agility is where the handler and a dog run as a team - and the hander directs the dog over an obstacle course with jumps, teeter-totters etc. - very much like horse jumping. Dog agility evolved from that. From your question I know the answer to mine! Happy running!

Welcome! I run down in Princeton when I'm not running at home near Valley Forge. No pressure, but maybe next spring when it gets nicer you can let your feet out for some fresh air. I run in VFFs ( Bikilas) when not going barefoot barefoot.

Love-Hate, what do you do with lazy greyhounds? Chicharones?

Love-Hate, what do you do with lazy greyhounds? Chicharones?

I do absolutely nothing with them. ;)

I just let them be lazy. They are all older dogs now. Two of the three were great racers and we think they have worked hard enough. We do have a doggie door and a chunk of our yard fenced off so they come and go as they want.

Thank you. They are certainly my babies and I would be lost without them. Since coming off the track, they have gained at least 10lbs a piece.

Welcome to the crew, Andrew and Riley. Nice progress. I think you'd enjoy barefoot (like Riley already does) even more if you give it a slow, steady transition time and a good college try. I only wear my VFFs now when I must due to weather or terrain. Barefoot is just so much more fun. Glad to have you here.