Hello from Arizona

Shelblingrunner

Barefooters
Apr 23, 2013
Hi all!
I am new to barefoot running. I am really excited to get going on running barefoot but not sure how to go about it so I do not hurt myself in the process. Can anyone give some advise or a link to read?

Thank you in advance!
stephanie

Reactions: happysongbird
Here's a link which gives some basic pointers. Jason also has a book or two that you can purchase for more information. Barefoot Ken Bob also has a book you can purchase too. My biggest advice, START SLOW AND DON'T GET FRUSTRATED BY THE LACK OF MILEAGE AT FIRST. Barefoot running takes months/years to fully transition to. Some people transition fast and some slow. There are lot's of people on here that will give you lots of good advice so don't be afraid to ask for tips or help. I also included a video that I personally like which may also help you. Good luck!

http://barefootrunninguniversity.com/barefoot-running/

Welcome! We hope to have our Library back up...sometime.

Here's a link which gives some basic pointers. Jason also has a book or two that you can purchase for more information. Barefoot Ken Bob also has a book you can purchase too. My biggest advice, START SLOW AND DON'T GET FRUSTRATED BY THE LACK OF MILEAGE AT FIRST. Barefoot running takes months/years to fully transition to. Some people transition fast and some slow. There are lot's of people on here that will give you lots of good advice so don't be afraid to ask for tips or help. I also included a video that I personally like which may also help you. Good luck!

http://barefootrunninguniversity.com/barefoot-running/

Worth reading these for sure.....it also helps channel some of your enthusiasm into reading.....instead of running too much in the beginning.
I know it helped me. I want to be running as the experience was so amazing, but was able to control this massive urge by reading about running :D.

Oh, and welcome!

Reactions: happysongbird
Yes, yes, very welcome, indeed!

I don't know if you're allowed to be named Stephanie. Doesn't someone here already have that name? I haven't seen a post from her in a long time, though. Maybe she's done with that name. Too busy being married or some such.