Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Chapter Presidents Wanted...

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
If you are interested in heading up your own state's chapter of the Barefoot Runners Society, please send me an email or private message through my profile. Please first check to see if there is someone already in this position by clicking on the Chapters tab at the top > sort alphabetically by Group name. As each state grows, however, we will be splitting them into regions, so keep in mind that even though someone may be there already, we may still need your help shortly.

Likewise, if you are already a chapter president and wish to have a co-chair help out with the responsibilities, setting up and attending meetups, promoting barefoot running and the BRS at local race events, hold meetings, parties, etc., let me know, and I will find someone to help you.

Thanks much! -TJ

I'll keep that in mind for

I'll keep that in mind for when I learn of someone wanting to head up Iowa, Angie, and let you know. For now, what about meeting up just once a month?

Bump.  If you wish to help

Bump. If you wish to help grow our crazy sport, please email me, and I will help you set up your own chapter. We already have about a fifth of the states set up, but we need to fill all states, and some of the ones we already have set up will need to be split later as more members join, especially after we go public. Please, don't let this opportunity pass you (us) by.

In the meantime, please be sure to tell everyone who you know has an interest in barefoot/minimalist running about the BRS. Send them an invitation to join the BRS by using the Invite a Friend link under your profile box at the right or the My Account link at the top. Thanks.

BUMP for all the new

BUMP for all the new members. We now have 14 states established. Check out Georgia under the Chapters tab to get a feel for what is involved in managing a chapter. It requires very little of your time. The most time will come from actually running with your group, and hey, you have to run anyway, right?

Illinois is one of the chapters that already has plenty of members; it just needs someone to take the lead.

Angie Bee from Iowa is looking for some help.

If one state grows to encompass members from all corners, we will consider splitting that chapter into more geographically manageable and convenient regions and appoint others to oversee them.

Email me or PM me to learn more. The email and PM icons are under each members account/avatar info. If you want a copy of the email sent to you, be sure to check the "Send yourself a copy" check box.

Thanks bunches!

TJ

Bumpity bump bump, bump bump!

Bumpity bump bump, bump bump!

bump.gif

Hi there, has the Maryland

Hi there, has the Maryland chapter been set up yet?

EDIT:

Never mind. I asked before I looked and what do you know? It has been set up, AND I am already a member.

Doh!  So what you're really

Doh! So what you're really saying is that you would like to be the Chapter President, right? :cool:

Okay, I know there are 50

Okay, I know there are 50 states in our country not including the D.C. We have set up 14 states thus far and are ready to split one state into three regions. What about the rest of you? It takes very little of your time to organize one to two runs per month. You will have your own Chapter page and all the resources the BRS can offer you to help you get started. You have to run any way, right? Why not just make one of your runs a group run?

OK I'll bite. The Vice

OK I'll bite. The Vice President's from DE, I can't screw things up any worse than he does. When you get a chance shoot me an e-mail with some details.

Can I call myself King instead of President?

Hurry up with the SoCal

Hurry up with the SoCal chapter already. I think she'll make a great leader and I may have 1 or 2 others willing to become members.

This is so cool, Ram I'll

This is so cool, Ram I'll send you an email in the next couple of days. Thanks!

OK, I'll do the Maryland but

OK, I'll do the Maryland but it will be interesting because we really have three areas. I focus mostly on Montgomery county but maybe we can do some runs in the middle someplace.
Good Grief, Why do I do this to myself ;)

Are you sure, Lava?  I

Are you sure, Lava? I thought you were in Hawaii. How much of the time are you in Hawaii; how much of the time are you in Maryland? I know you are a member of both. I'll send you some info shortly.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts