Headphones

Usually ear buds come with a little package of different sized buds. I always have to switch to the middle size or they don't fit in my ear probably. They usually have the largest size when new.

Personally I can't stand the type that wraps around the back of the ear, but you can try them.

I have a little plastic clip that is attached to the main wire, just below the v where it spilt to go to the earpieces. That clips on a convenient spot on my shirt and stops the cord from flapping about but also supports most of the weight of the wires. I took that clip off something else and reused it - now can't remember where I got it but probably a cheap pair of headphones.

Sennheiser make some great ones that don't fall out. Mine look something like these below but have the integrated microphone with volume control & pause button, not sure the model number. They are really comfortable- I've used them for a few years now.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-CX300-B-In-Ear-Headphone-Version/dp/B000E6G9RI
Those are pretty nice headphones. Thanks for the rec. I got the newer version.
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Precision-Enhanced-Earbuds-Black/dp/B001EZYMF4/ref=dp_ob_title_ce
Everything is nice and clear, great dynamic range, and they have a good, but not great, bass response. Still, not sure they're worth 6-8 times more than some of the cheaper ear bud headphones, because I tend to run near traffic noise, so a lot of the sonic subtleties are lost a good deal of the time.

For the wire, I put it under my shirt and connect it to my phone, which is in a small item belt, as the wire comes out of the bottom of the shirt. That keeps the wire in place. Then just pull a little on the wires at the top, coming out of the neck hole, for some slack so you can turn your head, or if you listen to headbanger music, bang your head.

Alternatively, you can use something like the Sony NWZW273 4 GB Waterproof Walkman Sports MP3 Player. I got the older 2GB version for something like USD 50. But if you're wearing sunglasses in the summer, they tend to knock them a bit with every stride. And in the winter the bulge can be annoying if you're wearing a cap.

So lately I tend to go with the earbud-phone combo, which has the added advantage of allowing me to hear incoming calls.

I got myself a pair of Bose SiE2..They are quite expensive, but they don't move, and more importantly they are very comfortable.

Also, what I find is that you don't need to put too much volume to enjoy the music, and also hear the surroundings, they are not isolating you from the outside world.

I have tried many brands over the years, but these are really the best so far (for me)

Heres the headphones I use with my Iph. I love them and have a little more freedom while running than a normal wired set of headphones. I like being able to turn my head to watch for oncoming traffic with no worries of the wire accidently yanking the headphones out of my ears. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item...scplp3792617&gclid=CMPV0Pyc0LwCFU5efgoduBkAWw

Still liking those Nick? I've been eying those or they have a newer version (the Bluebuds X - though very expensive) since my old bluetooth headphones got killed in a rainstorm last year. :mad: I really liked those, and had em before I think most folks even knew they made em - like over 5 years ago. They were the over the ear and around the back of the head style, which I really liked, except that they always slightly interfered with glasses. And I've searched those styles up and down amazon and seems with that style they have never got around the issue. I really like the Motorolla S11 but many of the comments say they wont work with glasses - some say they may work with very thin framed ones but my Oakleys are probably on the thicker side. So I'm looking at those earbud-lookin bluetooth ones. But not a fan of the wires hanging down enough to touch my neck... I read on the Bluebuds X review the wires can be flipped over and clipped tight somehow though.

Still liking those Nick? I've been eying those or they have a newer version (the Bluebuds X - though very expensive) since my old bluetooth headphones got killed in a rainstorm last year. :mad: I really liked those, and had em before I think most folks even knew they made em - like over 5 years ago. They were the over the ear and around the back of the head style, which I really liked, except that they always slightly interfered with glasses. And I've searched those styles up and down amazon and seems with that style they have never got around the issue. I really like the Motorolla S11 but many of the comments say they wont work with glasses - some say they may work with very thin framed ones but my Oakleys are probably on the thicker side. So I'm looking at those earbud-lookin bluetooth ones. But not a fan of the wires hanging down enough to touch my neck... I read on the Bluebuds X review the wires can be flipped over and clipped tight somehow though.
Ya Tristan, I really like them a lot still. If you notice from my race pics in the week 12 mileage forum I am wearing them. The wire tends to get hung up if I wear it around the back of my neck like you're supposed to, so instead I let it hang in front of my neck. The one thing to keep in mind with these though is you cannot answer a call. Well, that's a lie I guess. You can answer a call and you can hear the caller, the problem is they can't hear you. I forgot to turn these off on Sunday and while sitting on the couch at home I got a phone call and answered it (headphones were put up but apparently still in range). I had to hang up on the caller and eventually figured out I was still connected to headphones. Oops.

Interesting, my really old windows phone would default to the phone speaker if I answered the call by pressing the button on the phone, even if I was still wearing the bluetooth (had to actually press the phone button on the bluetooth to get it to use it). Maybe these new phones arent as smart as they claim lol. I just got my first modern smartphone a few days ago actually, and havent used bluetooth on it yet so IDK. My old phone was circa '06 windows 6 lol.