He was trying to be so good....now he can't walk

Oh, goodness, this is reminding me of the French Exchange visitor we hosted when I was about 15. She arrived with feet full of blisters from what my mother regarded as totally unsuitable shoes for a 15 year old, and her mother (who was a dressmaker) had sewn through each blister with different colour thread to drain them. She spent her first evening in the UK with her feet in a bowl of Dettol having the threads picked out by my mother who was convinced she would get blood poisoning and die on us<g>.
oh, wow.

Good that his feet are getting better, that looked pretty awful.

One editing note, there's an instance of using the word affects instead of effects. It ought to be "Effects of different temperatures..."

OUCH!!!! :nurse:

Reactions: happysongbird
Good that his feet are getting better, that looked pretty awful.

One editing note, there's an instance of using the word affects instead of effects. It ought to be "Effects of different temperatures..."
Thanks. :) Editing is an interesting, slippery beast. Even when the right word is known, sometimes the brain just decides to try to use the other one!

sounds like how women work. they know what's better and do the opposite.:p

back at you. wow. i'm going to cry. no wonder no one ever picks on you. :jaw drop:

The way I understand it is women do it right the first time, while men have to go back and fix what they messed up. :smug:

Reactions: Barefoot Dama
I understand a burn continues to damage the skin even after the skin has been removed from the heat.

I also learned on Dr. Oz's show that ice damages burned skin, so that it takes longer to heal. What happens is, on a microscopic level, it causes the tissues to crystallize. But it feels oh so much better, I know.

I also learned on Dr. Oz's show that ice damages burned skin, so that it takes longer to heal. What happens is, on a microscopic level, it causes the tissues to crystallize. But it feels oh so much better, I know.
I will have to research that, but I have seen it make a big difference in burns healing better. My daughter who is a chef gets burned frequently and if she doesn't get it cooled down, it gets much worse. I was taught that not leaving the ice on too long is important, though, too.

I've seen enough on Dr. Oz to consider him a quack (at least for a fair bit on his show--yes, he is probably a fine surgeon). But he's a believer in Reiki, which is quackery at its finest.

Yeah, ice, if it is cold enough and kept there long enough, could cause crystallization, but not just putting a cube onto a burn.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test