He trekked 3,100 miles across the USA barefoot!!!!

He trekked 3,100 miles across the USA barefoot!!!!
You may recall that we have been sharing Jake's progress through articles and threads as he trekked across the USA. Well, he did it!!!! 3,100 miles! An amazing accomplishment, amazing "feet."

I've requested an interview with him, but if anyone has better contact info, please let me know.

We are so proud of you Jake!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...52&ref=m_notif&notif_t=story_reshare&__tn__=E

Jake is on the right.
image.jpeg

Now I know of two people who did this. The other was a young girl around 16 who ended in Huntington Beach, CA, with Barefoot Ken Bob there to greet her and finish the last bit with her. Now how cool is that, right?

Does anyone else know of anyone who trekked across the USA barefoot? Please list them here.

Jake is inspiring!!

My 22 year old son is preparing for a thru hike on the Appalachian Trial (NOBO) going barefoot or in xeroshoes the entire 2200 miles. He is planning on setting out in March 2016; updates will follow. We'll be setting up a blog and way to track his progress as the date nears.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Jake is inspiring!!

My 22 year old son is preparing for a thru hike on the Appalachian Trial (NOBO) going barefoot or in xeroshoes the entire 2200 miles. He is planning on setting out in March 2016; updates will follow. We'll be setting up a blog and way to track his progress as the date nears.
Awesome! Hoping he has a good experience and much success!

There is a ~130 mile 'thru-hike' (pretty tame compared to the above examples) I've wanted to do for the past few years but no way I have enough time for even that! How do people do it... I suppose they don't have a full time job or young children to take care of. Pretty pathetic but I'm figuring my 130 mile Northville-Placid Trail hike will have to wait until I retire lol. Or at least 10 more years to when my son is on his own.

I know what you mean Tristan. I did a 40 miler in NH last year and just getting way for a weekend seemed like a monumental task. I'm quite envious of my son as he get ready for his AT hike. 22, no bills, kids, or obligations...much smarter than I was at that age!

Jake has agreed to do an interview with us! What are some of the questions you would like to ask him. I hear, "How the hell do you find the time to run across the USA?" Ha! Any others? Please list them here. Thanks!