Hare's Daily Barefoot Digest (you are what you eat) thread...

barefoot.zumba.runner

Barefooters
Apr 3, 2010
I liked the idea of this on RW, can we continue on here with this.

I ate a lot of crapola again today, sweets are my downfall

breakfast was honey grahams and oj

snack/lunch was pretzels, cheese and rice crispy bar

snack rhubarb strawberry bar

dinner white chicken chili, honey whole wheat bread and milk

dessert, ice cream

not a whole lot for fruit or veggies in there :p

whatchya eatin?

For dinner I had, GET THIS!

For dinner I had, GET THIS! Two hot dogs on a bed of Quinoa (Keen wa), with grilled zuchini and onion rings. I don't recommend hot dogs with Quinoa, yuch bad idea...wish I could start over.

At least hte brownies for dessert were good. The At 8:00 I had POPCORN (where is that popcorn smiley)

hmmm popcorn, I have no will

hmmm popcorn, I have no will against it...I could eat a whole big bowl of the stuff on my own. Has to be air popped with a bit of butter, salt and parmesan cheese though. Pairs nicely with a glass of wine too.

and hot dogs on Quinoa?? interesting combo Larry

This morning I had eggs,

This morning I had eggs, wheat toast and fruit (sliced strawberries, pineapple and blackberries). I didn't eat that until 10 or so, so didn't have a snack.

Lunch was late as well and consisted of some leftover pasta and a salad with yucky iceburg lettuce cause my baby spinach was slimy. Cherry tomatoes off my plant made it nicer though.

Snack was some corn chips on the way to my daughter's softball game (they won, undefeated and so go to play offs on Sat. Woot!) and ate some gummy fruit things while there.

Dinner was fried tofu, baked sweet potato, green beans and asparagus. Kids had steak instead of tofu, regular baked taters and I made cous cous for the feral that doesn't like potatoes(strange child!)

Will probably eat a banana or something similar before I go to bed but not sure. Drinks for the day was decaf iced tea and water.

Barefoot Larry wrote:For

Barefoot Larry said:
For dinner I had, GET THIS! Two hot dogs on a bed of Quinoa (Keen wa), with grilled zuchini and onion rings. I don't recommend hot dogs with Quinoa, yuch bad idea...wish I could start over.

At least hte brownies for dessert were good. The At 8:00 I had POPCORN (where is that popcorn smiley)

Oh, I love quinoa. It has a fun texture. I keep it cooked in the fridge and eat it for breakfast. Add a bit of milk and nuke it then cinnamon and sugar, fruit or whatever. Is delish.

yesterdaybreakfast honey

yesterday

breakfast honey whole wheat toast with peanut butter and honey, oj

snack: chick pea and potato chaat masala salad

lunch: chaat masala chickpea salad and cheetohs

snack: chocolate animal crackers dunked in milk with my 3yr old

dinner: white chicken chili leftovers and noodles with parmesan cheese

snack: air popped popcorn and white wine!

breakfast, hot water,

breakfast, hot water, croisant with rowanberry jam (homemade, it was a gift from a friend) and camembert, two cups of strong black coffee

more water

lunch, package of tortellinis with tomato sauce (tomato pureé, tomato paste, olive oil, italian seasoning, salt, tobasco)

water

two minutes ago, double espresso

water

later tonight, probably something involving salad, fish and beer and most likely potato chips (when we gotz 'em, I eatz 'em)

Yesterday was...Chia fresca

Yesterday was...

Chia fresca after my run.

Breakfast - Homeade yogurt (I tried the crockpot method and added honey and vanilla and it is yummy!) and fresh fruit.

Snack - Banana and a lifewater 0

Lunch - Sandwich (2 slices whole grain bread, sprouts, hummus, cheese and tomato)

Snack - Bowl of veggies (cucumber, baby carrots, celery and black olives) with some ranch dip

Dinner - Spaghetti -- whole grain pasta, jarred sauce with lots of sauteed veggies in it (red and green bell peper, onion, garlic, asparagus) garlic bread. Kids had their sauce with garlic sauteed chicken in it instead of the veggies.

In the evening I had a beer then before bed I had a banana. Rest of drinks were water and 1/2 of an orange Fanta.

Cali, how long does it take

Cali, how long does it take to make the yogurt? I'm going to have to try it, do you follow a specific recipe?

Zumba -- Ummm Takes a while

Zumba -- Ummm Takes a while but not constant time like you have to stand there and do anything. 5 to 10 min here and there. lol I read these blog posts on yogurt making and then just went for it. http://travelingtastebuds.blogspot.com/2009/08/easy-homemade-yogurt.html and http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/10/you-can-make-yogurt-in-your-crockpot.html?commentPage=2

I did use a candy thermometer at 1 hour intervals during the heat up and cool down phases because I had no idea how hot my crock pot runs. Once I wrapped it up though I didn't bug it again for like 10 hours. Also, I put it in a colander lined with wet coffee filters and strained nearly all of it for 3 hours in the fridge over a bowl. It came out really thick and nice. Before straining though we used some of the thinner stuff and made smoothies. After straining I added a few tablespoons of honey and a tablespoon of vanilla to the whole thing since I prefer nilla yogurt. I did taste it plain though and was surprised that I actually liked it because I don't normall like plain yogurt at all.

I don't know if this is something I will do all the time or not as it is not overly cost effective. A 1/2 gal of organic milk here costs me about $3.50. I guess I could use non organic milk but still... I usually just buy the tub of vanilla Dannon naturals since it doesn't have a bunch of extra crap in it. I will say though that the taste of the homeade stuff is far superior in my opinion so that might very well sway me.

I love trying new stuff though and love when it actually comes out so this was fun.

ROCK ON, Barefoot.Zumba.Runne

ROCK ON, Barefoot.Zumba.Runner!!!!

;o)

I'm flattered!

[sorry, I've been gone a bit.... lots of stuff going down on the home-front...]

Did I mention I like CHIA!

Oh, and we had HOMEMADE PIZZA tonight....mmmmm.... makes the take-out stuff = not so good, eh?!!?

Thanks for sharing Cali, it

Thanks for sharing Cali, it sounds a bit involved...will have to make it an over the summer activity for the kids and I maybe. I'm impressed to hear that the taste is that great! I'm excited to try it out.

Hare, good to see you back in the swing! Had to carry on your new eats tradition over here. I like food talk and recipe swapping! And chia...good stuff, as well as home made pizza!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts