Happy running day today!

nature runner

Barefooters
Jun 13, 2010
I have recently been suffering bofp in all my runs. Actually ever since I started bfr about 7 months ago. Today after taking 3 days off. I ran 1.5 miles without any pain in the bottom of right foot where pain was! For me that is a milestone. It tells me I am finally getting it. I am so happy that I got to run that far and without issues. I could easily done 4 or 5 miles with vff's, but bf feels so much better, and is so much more relaxing to feel the earth while I am running. There's no other running style that can compare to it with a day like today! I took in everyones advice and made it my own. I didn't do anything special, I just said screw it I am just going to run and not think about landing and all that stuff, and wouldn't you know, that is all it took, not stressing over it? It's funny how you can pay so much attention and not get it, then not even care and get it? I know it's probably not a big deal to people who run way up in the mileage bf, and my hat is off to you guys, I hope I can build up to that. I admire folks who can run like that on top of so many different terrains. Wish me luck in the future, I am going to stay at 1.5 for a few days before I hit the 2 mile mark just to be safe.

Thanks everyone!

BFWendyBird wrote:You are on

BFWendyBird said:
You are on your way! Keep up the good work!
Thanks, I am really inspired now that I did it with no pain. Providing that the pain doesn't return I would like to do a 5k by the end of July? It may be too ambitious?

If you can run a 2.5 - 3

If you can run a 2.5 - 3 miles in two weeks, then I would say give the 5K a try in a month.

Congrats on your progress, and you're welcome.