Happened again!

JosephTree

Barefooters
Sep 7, 2010
Near Valley Forge, PA
I ran a nice 5.5 mile route yesterday PM, BF, over road, trail and paved way. Hot and sweaty,but a reasonably fine run.
I got home and as I was preparing dinner for the family, I ran out to the garden to harvest a sprig of basil. As I stepped back on my front walk I landed on a sharp stone that sent searing pain through my heal and up my leg. My worst BF injuries have been around the house. Maybe I should just move.

My brother in law has just done a fabulous job for us clearing brambles from the back garden. Unfortunately, he finished up by running over the last of the debris with a lawn mower and transforming our lawn into a kind of barefoot wasteland strewn with caltrops.

"Caltrops!" I had that word in my head as I was running yesterday. As in "The hickory nuts have transitioned from harmless spongy globs to hard shelled structures over the last few days. The squirrels gnawing them over the path leave a layer of tiny caltrops to challenge my soles."
That's the kind of thing that sloshes around in there, especially on a harder run.

images

images

And here I thought you were going to say you peed in the sink again! sigh.

I ran a nice 5.5 mile route yesterday PM, BF, over road, trail and paved way. Hot and sweaty,but a reasonably fine run.
I got home and as I was preparing dinner for the family, I ran out to the garden to harvest a sprig of basil. As I stepped back on my front walk I landed on a sharp stone that sent searing pain through my heal and up my leg. My worst BF injuries have been around the house. Maybe I should just move.

Are you being a baby again? instead of moving why won't you clean your yard?:p

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
We ALL missed you BD!

That's right! Messin' with JT!

Are you being a baby again? instead of moving why won't you clean your yard?:p
Or you could just be a normal person and put some shoes on o_O .....hippy :D

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Reactions: DNEchris
i read something years ago that said cold showers don't work to take away that "excited" feeling. it may shock you but the body pumps more blood to warm it back up, making it easier to get excited again.