Handhelds?

Abide

Barefooters
May 13, 2010
Because I hate my fanny pack, I had to reopen the discussion.

Which handheld have you used and what do you like or dislike about it?

What size bottle is optimal? 12oz 16oz 20oz 22oz?

What type of bottle do you like, camelbak, stainless steel etc...

Can you fit a pair of duct tape flip flops, keys and a couple credit cards in it?

Is it better to have two to keep things balanced?

Are you a victim of buyers remorse? Just kidding, anything else would be very helpful.

Thanks!

I have the one below. The

I have the one below. The pocket is smallish but enough room for a few dollars, tweezers, and a safety pin credit card would fit). Only downfall is it's not insulated so on hot days even if filled with ice it's warm fairly soon. It's comfortable though. I like just one because I can switch off hands, with 2 you can't give a hand a break.

859ee8a8-4719-4fc8-ae31-b25a637ee23f.Medium.jpg

I'm a fan of the Ultimate

I'm a fan of the Ultimate direction bottle as well. Toward the end of summer though, I purchased 2 fuel belt sprint 10oz handhelds. Really lightweight and fit the hand well. For longer trail runs, I like 2 bottles. I'll probably get another Ultimate Directon one for next summer and double up on those as they have more capacity. I've tried the camel back and can't stand it. It felt very constricting and I dont like wearing a shirt, let alone, something big and heavy on my back. The handhelds are great and I forget they're there until I need them. As far as storage, Ram kinda covered what they'll hold. As long as I can get a couple gels in, I'm good.

http://www.nathansports.com/o

http://www.nathansports.com/our-products/hydrationnutrition/race-vests/hpl-020

bought that. never use it to it's ultimate racing potential but I can put stuff I might need on the trail and not have to worry about anything. adds a lot of confidence to know you have some food or a rain shell or a little water, flashlight, phone, whatever you need.

WillToClimb

WillToClimb said:
http://www.nathansports.com/our-products/hydrationnutrition/race-vests/hpl-020

bought that. never use it to it's ultimate racing potential but I can put stuff I might need on the trail and not have to worry about anything. adds a lot of confidence to know you have some food or a rain shell or a little water, flashlight, phone, whatever you need.

I have the same one. I really like it so far (only used it once but got tremendously lost and appreciated the extra water, gus and cell phone I had stashed), although if they had done just alittle redesigning to the bladder it easily could of held another 0.5 L. I threw a minigatorade in the big pocket just in case I needed more fluid and had plenty of room. The pockets on the front are super useful too. you don't have to stop to pull things out of it. One is perfect for gus and the other is perfect for my ipod. I have the mens version because the women's was more expensive and I didn't see much difference. I think so long as you aren't super tiny its unisex (I'm 5'6").

I read Patrick teasing

I read Patrick teasing himself about wearing one of those. Something about looking like a he was wearing a kids life vest... it was pretty humorous actually.

I like to carry stuff in my

I like to carry stuff in my SPIbelt (kook kids fanny pack) and I have the Nathan Handheld Elite bottle.

Its 20 some odd ounces.

I don't like that my SPIbelt is not the waterproof version since I get sweat on my camera every time and my handheld is really hard to get the threads lined up when taking the lid on and off.

I like them both but would purchase differently if I could do things over.