Group run - Oregon Chapter.

My Lunas are not your Lunas. Yours are of the original neoprene variety that are flat while mine are the ATS (All Terrain Sandal) and have tread on the bottom and are slightly thicker than yours. Mine have a strap system like the bedrock sandals that I just retrofitted myself (couldn't stand Lunas ATS strapping that was originally on them as they had too many seams that irritated my skin). I would try the Brancas out somewhere else. Mike, Dan, Lomad and I met the guy who makes them a while back when Jason Robillard was here.

I have found out at my inlaws that bigger gravel, of the two inch variety, is easier for me to run on than the standard 3/4" crush. Not sure why it's easier at all for me but it doesn't hurt as much.

Bigger gravel is easier because it distributes pressure more widely. The smaller stuff has infinitely more pointy bits exposed trying to kill your feet. I love fields (loved??) fields of large gravel; the small stuff like around my house makes me cry still...

Reactions: NickW
Lomad, I know you are all gimpish still, but you should come out and hang out with us after one and/or both of the runs I posted on Sat. evening the 9th and 16th. :)