Gravely RR

sole_foot wrote:What do you

sole_foot said:
What do you think? http://www.runlegend.com/ I am hoping my feet will be up for the ten by then the five for sure. Maybe a BRS meetup?

EAA Airventure Oshkosh still wins out.

But who knows by next year.......I mean I hardly get out on my longboard anymore,

so airplanes???? Naw, GOTTA stick with aviation or TJ's husband will get on my case.

My hubby is flying a friend

My hubby is flying a friend into Oshkosh this year on a Cessna. He actually has his check-ride tomorrow for his IFR. Anywho, My hubby was on the restoration crew for the Delta DC-3, an original 1940 aircraft owned by Delta back in the day. He did all the wiring, electrical, instruments, etc. He has had his picture in AMT walking the wing of this plane twice (four times if you count a repeat). Here's one of many articles written on it: http://www.airspacemag.com/flight-today/queen.html and http://www.amtonline.com/publication/article.jsp?pubId=1&id=1225.

You should see this plane in person, nearly all chrome on the outside, when polished it acts like a mirror. The interior is out of this world. All materials, fabric, stitching, carpeting, etc., were researched and restored to the same specifications right down to the color of dye. Nearly every component is as close a proximation as is possible, except where the FAA dictated otherwise. She is considered THE most pristine DC-3 restoration out there. They hailed it the Delta Queen, and it got a lot of press. The staff and crew lovingly refer to her as simply "Ship 41."

A friend of ours, Bill Khourie, did a lot of research and found it down in Puerto Rico. A farmer was using it to hall life stock, of all things. Anyway, they "barely" limped it back to the states and restored it here in Atlanta at Delta's headquarters. (That's a whole 'nother story.)

This year, Oshkosh is celebrating the 75th anniversary of the DC-3, and Delta WON'T be there. Boneheads! They've flown it in there before, and they used to fly it all around the country, sort of like a pony ride for the executives and their supporters, but not the year it should be there. Boneheads again!

I was employed at Delta as an IT geek, and I met my hubby in the hangar in the background. I got to really know him when he blue-screened his computer. He says, "On purpose!" Anywho, I (and others) have a little graffiti on the internal interior walls of the aircraft. I don't remember what I wrote, probably my name and Fly High or something, I don't know. All of the writings are covered up now by the interior fabrics. I have ugly handwriting anyway. Hee.

I have to show you the AFTER pictures first; the BEFORE picture is below.

delta.jpg

Photo taken October 8th, 1999. The actual day restoration was completed.

d.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Here's my hubby's handiwork. This is all him. (Now I know you will appreciate these, Board.)

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

dscn2339zz.jpg

dscn2370zz.jpg

My hubby is the one with hair snoozing...well, he's losing it though. ;-)

Here's the BEFORE.
1.jpg

There's more photos out there. Just type in Delta and DC-3. Here's a link with lots of interior and exterior pictures: http://l1011.homestead.com/DC3.html. I grabbed these off a different site. My personal ones have been archived.

Great pictures TJ!Meanwhile,

Great pictures TJ!

Meanwhile, I still have'nt figured out how to embed the photo from the link I posted yesterday on page 2 of this thread.

Everyone is looking forward to the DC3's that will be coming in this year, too bad that beauty won't be one of them.

Will your husband stay a few days?

If so, we always have a nice compound set up in the campground on the field, with plenty of food and beverages. He'll have to stop by!

Better yet, you should bring the kids and yourself as well.

It's hard to imagine living airplanes 24/7 with 900,000 others, with 30,000 camped on the airport grounds, and 3,000 of the 30,000 aircraft landing there being "show planes", but till you experience it you just can't comprehend the scene.

I've been the lone representative of the barefoot pilots association the past 25 years, maybe we could change that.

Either your husband shucks the shoes, or you learn to fly!

Well first, I didn't realize

Well first, I didn't realize you are a dentist. For some reason Doc Holiday comes to mind.

I finally let him fly us last week to Gatlinburg, Tennessee from Peachtree City, Georgia. It was a 2 hour and 5 minute flight...but it seemed to last forever. He's been doing this for two years now, and this is the first time he's ever flown me anywhere...or the first time I have ever let him fly me anywhere. I must say, his skills are quite excellent. He had 2 perfect take-offs and 2 perfect landings; the landings were so smooth, I didn't even feel the plane touch-down. The thing that FREAKED me out was on our first attempt at take off, he had a feeling the weight distribution was all off, so at the last minute without even lifting, he pulled the plane around. He moved us all around, and the take off was sweet. Still, I wasn't the same after that. I felt sick to my stomach the whole flight there and the whole flight home.

He does owe me 5 miles of barefoot running though. Our little exchange aggreement. DOH! I should have made it five 5 mile runs.

Notice my Ken Bob tee shirt, gift from the same for hosting him. Don't let the smile fool you. I just didn't want my loved ones to think I wasn't having a good time when they found my camera in the wreckage later.

Anywho, if you find a photo online/on the Internet somewhere, all you have to do is take your mouse and run it over the image to highlight it, then click copy, then come over here, then click paste. That's what I did here:

TJ in David Clark's, LB with

TJ in David Clark's, LB with a bib#.

Whats this world coming to!

Barefoot running in the news

Barefoot running in the news everyday. Exactly. It's all turned upside down.

Hee.  I saw you, I saw you!

Hee. I saw you, I saw you!

I tried to find me at the

I tried to find me at the gravel track start but it was much harder than "Where's Waldo" ever was so I gave up.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts