Good Life Fitness Toronto Marathon Oct 17

Shacky

Barefooters
Jun 2, 2010
I have an internet buddy running this as her first marathon and I told her if the flights are cheap enough and she lets me crash on her couch, I'll run it with her.

Looks like everything is a go and I'm friggin excited!!! My first international marathon!

Gear of choice will be the same as always...kilt and Luna sandals

Good luck, Shacky, and have

Good luck, Shacky, and have fun. I remember your talking about this a little while ago. Good to see you're going.

Good luck Shacky, I will be

Good luck Shacky, I will be down the road in London, Ontario running Vulture Bait, a 50 km ultra on the 17th. Gear of choice will be kilt and barefoot for as long as possible then strapping on the VFF's for the balance.

Just don't lose the kilt!

Just don't lose the kilt!

TJ - previously I was talking

TJ - previously I was talking about Vancouver and San Antonio. Both of which are still in the plans. I only found out about this one last week and since I am in shape for the distance, why not make a mini-vacation out of it?

Oh, I see.

Oh, I see.

Running in kilt may be

Running in kilt may be taking, er, 'minimalism' to a new level.

Looking forward to hearing the report on Toronto (and, jeepers, Vulture Bait - what a name).

Me I decided to register for Victoria on the 10th, even though it's only 3 weeks since Maui. I feel pretty well recovered and ready for another taper... this will be my 14th race this year and I have been the only barefooter every time. Where is everybody?

I'm also pondering the Seattle Marathon in late November, or the Las Vegas Rock and Roll in December. Anybody planning to attend or have experience with either?

Hey!  I'm a girl!  Shoes are

Hey! I'm a girl! Shoes are for girls, huh? Teasing you. Love your tee shirt!

Hey Flinstone,I have friends

Hey Flinstone,

I have friends trying to get me to run CIM but I may do Vegas. I'm still in wait and see mode