From Never Running to an Ultramarathon in a Year: A Journey Into Barefoot-ism By Jarod

jarod_cr.png

From Never Running to an Ultramarathon in a YearA Journey Into Barefoot-ismBy JarodPart 1: It All Started...It All Started With an Orange, Drooling Cat.I happened to be meditating one day following a grueling run. Back to that soon. I was training for my first marathon, if you could call that training. Basically, I started running in late September, 2009, while in Miami on a contract job at a free health clinic. I wasn’t free but that is beside the point. I started to run just for fun and as a meditation in itself. I ran on a track that surrounded a park, it being about 1k long, and flat as a wall. I figured it was perfect for the meditation thing, eliminating the distraction of new terrain and surroundings. I would use that running time to try and focus on what I was doing at hand in each moment, be it breathing, sounds, focused ideas, you name it.Read More...

I have many more pictures (not that they matter much but some are copyrighted) and are included on these blogs on my facebook page. If anyone is curious, add me there. = /jarodreisin

I'm also about to start posting new blogs that are not part of the ultra series for anyone that is interested. I only will write if I learn something or something funny happens worth telling a story of. Thanks for the support!