FREE WEBINAR: Fall in Love with Winter Running

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
22598.1.e8f483244a701f404969146ea8dde336.PNG

Hi folks,

For most people, the fall is the time to cut back the miles, wind down, and honestly, get a bit out of shape. For me, it’s always been the reverse. I get into my best shape for the entire year, racking up the miles and flying across the land.

Sign up here for a FREE webinar workshop this Tuesday where I'll share with you my Top Tips for Fall and Winter Running & Training

Why do I end up running more when the weather’s getting worse?

Well, for one thing, now is when I’m drawn to watch the most spectacular sunrises and sunsets of the year while out on my runs.

Picture high altitude crystalline clouds and explosions of unearthly colors flooding across a crisp winter sky.

Second, many people don’t realize running in the fall and winter requires more planning than other times of the year. As a coach, I know this all-too-well, as I’ve watched athletes succumb to all sorts of cold-related maladies.

Years ago, I almost lost several toes myself!

I’ve learned a lot from these experiences and want to share what I’ve learned. That’s why I’m offering a free Fall and Winter training webinar next Tuesday, November 18th:

http://www.mindfulrunning.org/fall-winter-webinar

It’s totally free, no strings, just 90 minutes live with me online, fielding your questions, and giving you tips on cold-weather training, indoor-training, cross-training, and how to stay in shape through the holiday season—without packing on the pounds.

Third, I don’t view fall and winter as down time, but UP time…meaning putting the building blocks in place (form, strength, core-work, etc) so that when it warms up, you hit the ground running—please forgive the pun!

In the webinar, we’ll talk about ways you can use the “off-season” as a building platform for your new year.

On top of that, we’ll address treadmills, very POWERFUL tools that are often quite a bit evil. I want to talk about how to get great workouts on these sometimes tortuous devices without hurting yourself in the process.

Finally, we’ll talk about other common running injuries to watch for when transitioning to the cold or indoors.

So if you want to sign up for this fun and free event, just click the link below. I hope you’ll join me, and enjoy the runs this fall!

http://www.mindfulrunning.org/fall-winter-webinar

Be mindful, Have Fun, Play in the Cold, and Run Free!

Michael Sandler

P.S. If you want to stay barefoot through the Fall and Winter, hang around at the end of the webinar. We can often go much farther than we think barefoot, we just have to follow safety protocol, or what I like to call SNOWTOCOL!

P.P.S. Many have already signed up for our Mindful Running Training Program. We are going to be closing that program for enrollments at the end of next week.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test